IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I'm pretty sure my son will.  I'd imagine most if not all returning students are coming back to their parents - would they not be ensuring compliance, for fear of jail/criminal record?

I wonder about families where one or more parent works at the hospital or in care homes. Will their returning student children really be staying in the same house?

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=58504&headline=McBusted&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2020&cat=Crime

yet another who can't follow the rules. Do people still think returning students will adhere to them?

I think the majority of students will appreciate the level of freedom they have here, so they will stick to it. Universities are ending early so students can be out of quarantine for Christmas and staff get an extra week off in some cases.

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I think the majority of students will appreciate the level of freedom they have here, so they will stick to it. Universities are ending early so students can be out of quarantine for Christmas and staff get an extra week off in some cases.

as Wrighty pointed out, his will. Problem is that as can be seen by my post, there are still idiots out there who cannot and will not obey the law. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I'm pretty sure my son will.  I'd imagine most if not all returning students are coming back to their parents - would they not be ensuring compliance, for fear of jail/criminal record?

And also that most people are responsible (even students) and wouldn't want to feel guilty about infecting someone who might be less able to cope with the virus.

The real problem lies with those families who don't have the ability to let someone returning self-isolate effectively, and the government doesn't seem to have any plans except hoping it doesn't happen.

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

The real problem lies with those families who don't have the ability to let someone returning self-isolate effectively, and the government doesn't seem to have any plans except hoping it doesn't happen.

There are lots of empty hotels where the parents and families already here could potentially stay. That way they would not need to be quarantine-hotels. Those going into quarantine then isolate at home.

Particularly, say, if a family member works in healthcare.

4 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

So you don't think that 'the Reset' straight from the mouth of the horse that organises the Davos elite-fest is not worth noting?

Anything that happens around Davos always upsets the sorts of people who believe that the world is run by imaginary elites :)

The signals from Central Banks and the IMF are much more fascinating. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pongo said:

I wonder about families where one or more parent works at the hospital or in care homes. Will their returning student children really be staying in the same house?

Why shouldn’t they stay in same house as parents if they isolate properly?

Anyway, it wasn't long ago that SAGE were warning of 100 deaths a day over the course of the winter. There's no way to look at things other than it's getting worse. The question is how much worse will it get?

7-day average:

Date Tests processed Positive Deaths Positive %
06/10/2020 261,882 11,994 53 4.58
13/10/2020 265,018 14,973 82 5.65
Today 293,220 18,235 136 6.22

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Anyway, it wasn't long ago that SAGE were warning of 100 deaths a day over the course of the winter. There's no way to look at things other than it's getting worse. The question is how much worse will it get?

7-day average:

If you stay under your bed for long enough you've no need to worry. There will be no-one left by the time you venture out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

7-day average:

Yes deaths are increasing but drill down to figures and all today’s were aged between 68-91 with underlying health issues.

it comes down to the same argument how far can you cripple economy and younger persons jobs, education etc to protect the old & vulnerable.?

• Like 1