IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Why shouldn’t they stay in same house as parents if they isolate properly?

No-one isolates sufficiently living in the same house. If the virus is as transmissable as they say it is then living under the same roof as people who freely come and go, breathing the same air, going about their business there is bound to be a sharing of viral particles at some stage. It's impossible not to. Government and health experts recognise this but we have a halfway house policy to enable society to function. It's worked well so far. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh for fucks sake, here's another one being a fucking dickhead.

Well stop being so negative all the time. No-one is interested in your scare stories, they get enough of that on the TV. This is a place for a reasonable debate not unloading your irrational fears.

• Like 5

Just now, Lxxx said:

Well stop being so negative all the time. No-one is interested in your scare stories, they get enough of that on the TV. This is a place for a reasonable debate not unloading your irrational fears.

You've got me totally wrong Lxxx. 

My concern has ALWAYS been the effects of the attempts to deal with the virus over the direct effects of the virus itself. The worse things get with the caseload, hospitalisation etc the worse the attempts to deal with it will be. 

I also have serious concerns about the behaviour and mindset of people. I find a lot of people are being willingly stupid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

You've got me totally wrong Lxxx. 

My concern has ALWAYS been the effects of the attempts to deal with the virus over the direct effects of the virus itself. The worse things get with the caseload, hospitalisation etc the worse the attempts to deal with it will be. 

I also have serious concerns about the behaviour and mindset of people. I find a lot of people are being willingly stupid.

Fair enough. I just see you posting increasing figures all the time without any context behind them. 

It's not really relevant to focus on things across though, they seem to be a right shitshow and may as well just let things ride out without any lockdowns now and see where they get to. Here on the other hand, we need a steady hand on the tiller and not a reactionary one once the walking dead on facebook start frothing at the mouth.

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

Why shouldn’t they stay in same house as parents if they isolate properly?

Sometimes not straight forward - I know of one student coming back from a high risk area due to Uni sending students back early - both parents key workers in positions which require much daily face to face interaction and two siblings in the same household one in full time employment one in full time education - it would be impossible for contact tracing if required and due to size of family versus size of of property difficult to adhere to the guidelines of cleaning facilities etc.

One other option presently available is to move in with one Grandparent for the 14 day isolation - which raises questions about exposing that older party to a far higher risk.

Neither parents are Teachers so you probably haven't twitched the curtains to see them....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Fair enough. I just see you posting increasing figures all the time without any context behind them. 

It's not really relevant to focus on things across though, they seem to be a right shitshow and may as well just let things ride out without any lockdowns now and see where they get to. Here on the other hand, we need a steady hand on the tiller and not a reactionary one once the walking dead on facebook start frothing at the mouth.

I don't think i often post figures? I try to post some thought provoking articles sometimes, without context, to try to see if people read them like I do. Oftentimes in todays world a news article can be less about what it says and more about what it is saying. 

I'm pretty surprised our government has stuck to their guns so much. I'm amazed they didn't relax the travel restrictions more in the summer, there was certainly significant pressure to do so. I'm not looking forward to their reaction when we do inevitably get some community transmission again. Hopefully people arriving will continue to treat their responsibilities seriously. This jailing policy, as well as being really harsh, is also unsustainable.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Anyway, it wasn't long ago that SAGE were warning of 100 deaths a day over the course of the winter. There's no way to look at things other than it's getting worse. The question is how much worse will it get?

7-day average:

Date Tests processed Positive Deaths Positive %
06/10/2020 261,882 11,994 53 4.58
13/10/2020 265,018 14,973 82 5.65
Today 293,220 18,235 136 6.22

Doesn't seem that bad.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

No-one isolates sufficiently living in the same house. If the virus is as transmissable as they say it is then living under the same roof as people who freely come and go, breathing the same air, going about their business there is bound to be a sharing of viral particles at some stage. It's impossible not to. Government and health experts recognise this but we have a halfway house policy to enable society to function. It's worked well so far. 

The virus is not as transmissible as they say. They are trying to scare people. Virtually all transmission is by contact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

One other option presently available is to move in with one Grandparent for the 14 day isolation - which raises questions about exposing that older party to a far higher risk.

Grandparent moves into family house for two weeks, student lives in grandparents place.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Andy Burnham standing up for humanity right now.

Yeah he’s been beaten into submission though. But at least when half of the Manchester retail sector is irrecoverably fucked and the dole queues across the North are millions long he can at least tell the people whose lives Boris Johnson has willfully ruined that he tried to fight against the madness. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight