IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

27 minutes ago, finlo said:

Did they ever see a single patient?

Wasn't part of the role of Nightingale hospitals basically that they would take on the role of looking after those too ill to be saved and provide palliative care? If you were shoved in the ExCel you knew your odds were bad.

Of course, today's figures in the UK are suggesting hospitalisations rocketing up, at a rate of around 150% week on week.

21st Oct - 5,828

14th Oct - 4,146

7th Oct - 2,944

30th Sept - 1,958

23rd Sept - 1,381

16th Sept - 894

7,420 patients in hospital as of now - highest since 27th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 19,849 patients in hospital. The lowest since the pandemic began was 733 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 912% since then.

693 patients on ventilators as of now - highest since 30th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 3,247 patients on ventilators. The lowest since the pandemic began was 60 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 1055% since then.

1,053 patients admitted to hospital in the last 24 hours - highest since 7th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 3,564 admitted in one day. The lowest since the pandemic began was 72 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 1363% since then.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

.......she stated that the Public Health Directorate was not asked to provide any assessment or advice to inform the decision regarding the borders plan.

In my experience Dr Ewart comes across as a professional who tells it like it is and I guess some people have not wanted her assessments and observations to be in the public domain. Public Health should have been present at all the daily briefings with the Medical Director - in the end a social worker and a nurse I think were trundled out to reiterate the political approach.

Did anyone in Tynwald ask for a review yet, like either Barber or Thomas? If not ,why not and  who is holding who to account on our behalf?

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Wasn't part of the role of Nightingale hospitals basically that they would take on the role of looking after those too ill to be saved and provide palliative care? If you were shoved in the ExCel you knew your odds were bad.

Of course, today's figures in the UK are suggesting hospitalisations rocketing up, at a rate of around 150% week on week.

21st Oct - 5,828

14th Oct - 4,146

7th Oct - 2,944

30th Sept - 1,958

23rd Sept - 1,381

16th Sept - 894

7,420 patients in hospital as of now - highest since 27th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 19,849 patients in hospital. The lowest since the pandemic began was 733 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 912% since then.

693 patients on ventilators as of now - highest since 30th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 3,247 patients on ventilators. The lowest since the pandemic began was 60 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 1055% since then.

1,053 patients admitted to hospital in the last 24 hours - highest since 7th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 3,564 admitted in one day. The lowest since the pandemic began was 72 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 1363% since then.

Genuine question because I don’t know.

How do these figures compare to a “normal” October?

Everything I have read suggests hospital bed use rockets at this time of year every year

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Has Barber been asleep since March. ? How has she earned her £1000 per week ?

I think you will find she volunteered to work at hospital as a qualified nurse during the major infections stage and this is first Tynwald since July so instead of sniping at someone who has contributed just keep quiet!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Apple said:

In my experience Dr Ewart comes across as a professional who tells it like it is and I guess some people have not wanted her assessments and observations to be in the public domain. Public Health should have been present at all the daily briefings with the Medical Director - in the end a social worker and a nurse I think were trundled out to reiterate the political approach.

Did anyone in Tynwald ask for a review yet, like either Barber or Thomas? If not ,why not and  who is holding who to account on our behalf?

Howie was very surprised to learn of email from Ewart and will luck into matter & also consider whether he can release medical advice if it exists!!

so more questions next month to keep Howie on the hook!

I think a lot of people have gone above and beyond - my own family did likewise - but kept involved in what was going on. 

Lets not forget all the volunteers helping to shop for elderly neighbours and friends etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Howie was very surprised to learn of email from Ewart and will luck into matter & also consider whether he can release medical advice if it exists!!

Releasing clinical data should not be a problem. Patient confidentiality also applies to everyone outside of the patients medical team, so the politicians should not have been given it anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

HQ is going to ask someone (no idea who) if he can furnish the Manx people with the medical advice he has used to lock down a nation with no plan to get us out of it.

Oh, he’s good like.

Can’t be Director of public health as she wasn’t consulted according to her email!!

Just now, Apple said:

Releasing clinical data should not be a problem. Patient confidentiality also applies to everyone outside of the patients medical team, so the politicians should not have been given it anyway. 

They were using patient confidentiality for refusing to release ages of people infected or even what area of the island the most cases were coming from. Much like the uk I'm not holding out much hope of seeing this scientific advice as I don't believe it exists other than well looking at the confirmed cases if we don't lock down then I predict there will be x amount of cases 

• Like 2