IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Sugar tax has had literally zero to no effect. It's just a way to tax addicts.

It's definitely the few as far as real covid risks are concerned.

The sugar tax is having a massive effect. It actually is generating hardly any tax because manufacturers have reduced the amount of sugar in most items to keep the prices down. Whether that be by reducing the size of a chocolate bar, or use of artificial sweeteners in none diet goods, it is having an effect. 

Not the few. If you go back a few pages, someone posted some graphs, one of which showed a large increase in additional, non-Covid related deaths during lockdown, because people could not get the emergency treatment they required. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Cambon said:

The sugar tax is having a massive effect. It actually is generating hardly any tax because manufacturers have reduced the amount of sugar in most items to keep the prices down. Whether that be by reducing the size of a chocolate bar, or use of artificial sweeteners in none diet goods, it is having an effect. 

Not the few. If you go back a few pages, someone posted some graphs, one of which showed a large increase in additional, non-Covid related deaths during lockdown, because people could not get the emergency treatment they required. 

I suspect they couldn't get the treatment they required because every resource is prioritising covid unfairly in proportion to the potentially impacted people.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, manxy said:

Interesting comment made by Frontline Doctors in Washington regards masks - 

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 00.42.58.png

It is well known that masks don't only offer some protection to the wearer, but mostly they disrupt the airflow out the wearer, protecting everyone else around them.

It's not that dissimilar to asking people to wear trousers, nobody wants to see their tackle.

Also, virus may be small, but when droplets are a big route of transmission, and droplets get stopped/disrupted by said mask, it's hardly a leap of faith to work out mask is better than none.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Barlow said:

Hah Hah! Well done Paul Moulton for picking up on the Chief Minister coughing and spluttering into his hand.

Howard is not leading by example.

Like the MHK in House of Keys who was fingering his nose followed by a sweep of his face, followed by a lick of his fingers to turn his pages.

Good point, good question and a laugh to see the Chief Minister rattled. You'll never get that £200,000 like Manx Radio did, by asking questions like that.

Moulton was a complete dick yesterday. 

Big H clearly isn't well.  Moulton adds fuck all to anything and if I'd have been Big H there I'd have fucked him straight out of the room.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Moulton was a complete dick yesterday. 

Big H clearly isn't well.  Moulton adds fuck all to anything and if I'd have been Big H there I'd have fucked him straight out of the room.

If he wasn't well then he shouldn't have been there! Pretty sure non of the journalists were actually there either.

Just now, finlo said:

If he wasn't well then he shouldn't have been there! Pretty sure non of the journalists were actually there either.

He's in a no win situation there.  If he bins it off for being unwell he will get shite about it.

I just think Moulton would be better placed actually trying to ask some pertinent questions.  You know, like it's his job or something.

Rather than being the sniping pile of irrelevance he looked yesterday.

4 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

He's in a no win situation there.  If he bins it off for being unwell he will get shite about it.

I just think Moulton would be better placed actually trying to ask some pertinent questions.  You know, like it's his job or something.

Rather than being the sniping pile of irrelevance he looked yesterday.

He could have spoke remotely just like the journalists.

3 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Big H clearly isn't well.

Which is precisely why the egotistical prick shouldn’t have been there. Couldn’t you have persuaded him to stay at home Mrs. Quayle?

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Big deal.  Piss poor from Moulton.  He really adds zero

You’re right in one respect - it’s to keep the universe in balance; Moulton is as shit a journalist as Quayle is a CM.