IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

Seriously though: You vociferously complain about the CM. So which of the other potential candidates would you rather see take over and why?

It's easy to sound clever complaining (that's why bad standup comedians are always negative). It's much harder to say what specifically someone is in favour of. And it's seldom pithy or gets a laugh.

Are you in politics yourself?

Careful now.  She's one of the protected few.  She can say what she likes etc.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Seriously though: You vociferously complain about the CM. So which of the other potential candidates would you rather see take over and why?

It's easy to sound clever complaining (that's why bad standup comedians are always negative). It's much harder to say what specifically someone is in favour of. And it's seldom pithy or gets a laugh.

Yes, it is easy to find fault in any politician so I guess you really have to take a middlin' view of their performance. I think Howard hasn't been too bad in many respects, although my main criticism would be his inability to take criticism!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

I’m in politics in the sense that I’ve negotiated having five teenage children who are all now in their 30s/40s and I’ve avoided inflicting harm on them, but in terms of existing Tynwald members, any of Cannan, Shimmins, Thomas, Ashford and Allinson would be vastly superior CMs to Quayle. A number of others would be at least as good (or bad depending on your outlook) and possibly better. Happy now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

I don't know if anyone else has done this but i'm in just over 5 days of quarantine having returned from the UK. At the moment i'm living alone and i have to say the next 9 days or so are going to be a tough gig...might nip out to Maccys!

Do you have enough supplies, or someone who can shop for you?

I’m currently supporting a couple from the U.K.  They seem to be going through a lot of wine!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

Do you have enough supplies, or someone who can shop for you?

I’m currently supporting a couple from the U.K.  They seem to be going through a lot of wine!

Thanks Old Git for your concern. I'm ok at the moment. I prepped for  (justabout)14 days of essentials  in case i failed the swab test at 7 days. Unfortunately the day after I arrived in the UK Howard pulled the plug on that. I've got a fridge with plenty of beer in it but i'm on the wagon probably until my family return in December as quarantine combined with living alone could be a slippery slope on the booze front!

My wife and I did two weeks after returning from Lisbon at the end of March. I know what a pain it is and I also remember the excitement of receiving a Robinson's fruit and veg box. Whoops of delight when we got on the IOM Creameries delivery list. We have a big garden with hot tub and summer house we could use during our quarantine, but it must be a right pain if you don't have any outside space available.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It is well known that masks don't only offer some protection to the wearer, but mostly they disrupt the airflow out the wearer, protecting everyone else around them.

It's not that dissimilar to asking people to wear trousers, nobody wants to see their tackle.

Also, virus may be small, but when droplets are a big route of transmission, and droplets get stopped/disrupted by said mask, it's hardly a leap of faith to work out mask is better than none.

It’s not ‘well known’ at all.

Top medical professionals at the start of the year like Dr Fauci and even down to the not so top professionals like Dr Hillary Jones on GMTV were telling us daily that masks were essentially useless. Stopping a few droplets out of the much larger number per breath might make you feel better but in the bigger picture they offer no real protection whatsoever considering the size of viruses and numbers involved. Which makes perfect sense. Sadly the whole thing became politicised and science, as ever these days, became secondary to this.

it saddened me when I was across last month to see old people clearly struggling round a supermarket, a large number of which will have a respiratory system that is not optimal and doing themselves more harm than good with this contraption over their airways.

I do hope our government don’t succumb to this madness once the Facebook illiterates start howling at the moon to shut us off from the rest of the world until 2030.

• Thanks 5