IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, Josem said:

You can view the number of tests conducted here: https://covid19.gov.im/about-coronavirus/open-data-downloads/

The on island testing facility has a capacity of up to 200* tests per day, and was opened on 20 April.

Since that opening, it has been running at around 28% of its advertised capacity. On only two days since opening has the facility even used more than half of its claimed capacity.

That's what I mean by "testing at such a low rate".

We don't know how many people have the disease on the island without symptoms. We do not know because the on-island testing facility has been used at such a low rate.

*one IOM Today article reported it could expand to 400/day if needed

You’re avoiding the point you made. The level of testing per head is well above average. Antigen testing is pointless apart from key workers, vulnerable and those with triaged symptoms.

Whats important is the forthcoming antibody testing to see what percentage population has been affected. Antigen testing tells you little apart from X was infected ( or not ) on date Y. Yes it allows you to trace after a positive. We have a tracing team.

You really need to grow a pair and meet up with wrighty rather than posting drivel on here.

If you are a serious politician your attitude here is doing you, and your party no favours.

You're in “tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing” territory.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Josem said:

You can view the number of tests conducted here: https://covid19.gov.im/about-coronavirus/open-data-downloads/

The on island testing facility has a capacity of up to 200* tests per day, and was opened on 20 April.

Since that opening, it has been running at around 28% of its advertised capacity. On only two days since opening has the facility even used more than half of its claimed capacity.

That's what I mean by "testing at such a low rate".

We don't know how many people have the disease on the island without symptoms. We do not know because the on-island testing facility has been used at such a low rate.

*one IOM Today article reported it could expand to 400/day if needed

We do know.  The answer is none because if you had a load of asymptomatic people that would have manifested itself via transmission.  18 days withoutna case tells you all you need to know.

35 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

We do know.  The answer is none because if you had a load of asymptomatic people that would have manifested itself via transmission.  18 days withoutna case tells you all you need to know.

TWENTY

33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You’re avoiding the point you made.

No, I'm not.

I said, and you quoted me as saying, "However, because the IOM Government has been testing at such a low rate..."

You interpreted as my statement being a low rate of testing relative to other nations.

I meant my statement as a low rate of testing relative to the claimed capacity.

I understand and recognise that on this occasion, the bit I quoted could have been interpreted in the way that you interpreted it. Consequently, I've clarified it.

The level of testing per head is well above average.

That's probably true compared to other nations. I'm not sure how the current rate of testing on the Isle of Man compares to the current rate of testing elsewhere. Because I don't know that, I haven't made any such claims.

You really need to... meet up with wrighty....

Why?

38 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I admire your confidence, although I don't share it. 

Of course, if you were right that there is no coronavirus on the island, there would be little reason to retain any physical distancing rules. I guess you should take your disagreement up with the Government, then.

5 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

If there's apparently no viral infection in the community & there's a sophisticated testing procedure underway, then the CMs surely over doing things with his heavy constraints on pub/bar trading particularly?

He is , he keeps referring to NZ model but doesn't want to adopt what they've done in reopening everything! Manx solutions etc!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

If there's apparently no viral infection in the community & there's a sophisticated testing procedure underway, then the CMs surely over doing things with his heavy constraints on pub/bar trading particularly?

Easier to let things open slowly and in a controlled fashion than wing it and possibly have to restrict again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Easier to let things open slowly and in a controlled fashion than wing it and possibly have to restrict again.

Well after today's mass event they may as well throw the corona regulations away and just reopen everything. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Josem said:

I admire your confidence, although I don't share it. 

Of course, if you were right that there is no coronavirus on the island, there would be little reason to retain any physical distancing rules. I guess you should take your disagreement up with the Government, then.

Well I would but they're not interested in applying logic and common sense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Josem said:

No, I'm not.

I said, and you quoted me as saying, "However, because the IOM Government has been testing at such a low rate..."

You interpreted as my statement being a low rate of testing relative to other nations.

I meant my statement as a low rate of testing relative to the claimed capacity.

I understand and recognise that on this occasion, the bit I quoted could have been interpreted in the way that you interpreted it. Consequently, I've clarified it.

That's probably true compared to other nations. I'm not sure how the current rate of testing on the Isle of Man compares to the current rate of testing elsewhere. Because I don't know that, I haven't made any such claims.

Why?

You need to go on an English comprehension course. 

ive interpreted what you wrote correctly. You used rate. If you had meant what you now claim you have used words such as “ because IOMG had conducted so few tests.

Ah politicians rewriting history, even if only 2 hours old.

As for wrighty you made some extraordinary claims, for some time, that make it clear you don’t understand the modelling or the statistics or probability. He’s offered to enlighten you. You might benefit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

The one that was outdoors and well distanced?
Seems a bit of an overreaction.

Not at all, or do you really think that Social Distancing works in a crowd like that, with people cheering, clapping, etc? It did get bunched up at times as well, especially towards the end and when people left. If they allow an event that is clearly in breach of current regulations because "BLM > COVID-19" then get rid of the regulations completely and re-open the economy. Things can't be as bad as they say, or they would have never allowed this to go ahead, right? 

• Thanks 1