IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

If whole households were isolating (ie nobody going out to work/school etc) then there might be more of a case for relatives visiting @trmpton - or certainly if the UK situation improves into next year.

The Chamber of Commerce business survey which you mentioned yesterday showed that "75% believe that if an individual is isolating in the household the whole household should also isolate. When an employee is sharing a household with an individual that is self-isolating half the businesses who responded insist on the employee working from home."

Firstly.  That’s makes no sense.  It’s ok for me to go away and comeback and not have the whole house isolate, or for a student to come back, but not a retired lady who hasn’t been out of her hone for months.

Secondly, I said in my post that the two of them (and our little one, and the dog) are prepared to isolate separately from me (we can easily do that in our house, and to be honest it’s sounds pretty cool for a fortnight)

I went further and said I was prepared to sponsor them and take the wrap of any breach, and that they would both be happy to be electronically tagged.

So why on earth with the above precautions in place would anyone have the slightest issue - given that hundreds of other are coming in with less precautions every single week?

Mrs Baps hasn't seen her mother since Feb. She's in a care home. She's had a planned trip cancelled twice due to changes in lockdown rules in the UK. even if she got a trip underway, the best she could hope for is a 30 minute video conference.

She would travel for that if only it was permitted.

Do we support the current IOM rules? Yes 100%. 

As you guys keep saying, life must go on. At the moment it is. Its only that which keeps spirits up in these difficult times. 

If the CI are so great, fuck off and live there.

Jesus, since those bans were lifted the thread has once more degenerated into the same tired voices banging on the same stuck record. Guys, repeating it ad nauseum on here will change nothing. Lobby your politicians.

6 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Mrs Baps hasn't seen her mother since Feb. She's in a care home. She's had a planned trip cancelled twice due to changes in lockdown rules in the UK. even if she got a trip underway, the best she could hope for is a 30 minute video conference.

She would travel for that if only it was permitted.

Do we support the current IOM rules? Yes 100%. 

As you guys keep saying, life must go on. At the moment it is. Its only that which keeps spirits up in these difficult times. 

If the CI are so great, fuck off and live there.

Jesus, since those bans were lifted the thread has once more degenerated into the same tired voices banging on the same stuck record. Guys, repeating it ad nauseum on here will change nothing. Lobby your politicians.

I did.  My elected representative agrees that there should be more testing and less restrictions on people coming in.  He also confirmed it was never the intention to remove the virus from the island completely and that it is completely unsustainable.  He gave the impression that there is significant pressure on HQ from within keys and the Civil Service to publish a proper workable roadmap and to allow more people to come here. But that HQ is belligerent and just keeps doing what he wants.

It was raised in Keys and recorded in Hansard that there were rumours that HQ had gone against what comin had agreed when he declared the end of the 7 day test.  No politician would have claimed that in a public forum if they didn’t believe it to be true.  The man is a bufoon who is consistently ignoring all the advice given to him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trmpton said:

I did.  My elected representative agrees that there should be more testing and less restrictions on people coming in.  He also confirmed it was never the intention to remove the virus from the island completely and that it is completely unsustainable.  He gave the impression that there is significant pressure on HQ from within keys and the Civil Service to publish a proper workable roadmap and to allow more people to come here. But that HQ is belligerent and just keeps doing what he wants.

It was raised in Keys and recorded in Hansard that there were rumours that HQ had gone against what comin had agreed when he declared the end of the 7 day test.  No politician would have claimed that in a public forum if they didn’t believe it to be true.  The man is a bufoon who is consistently ignoring all the advice given to him.

A number of MHKS are on his case which is why several have asked for the medical evidence on borders/testing policy which so far he hasn’t produced and keeps making excuses, a Bit like Trump!!!

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Firstly.  That’s makes no sense.  It’s ok for me to go away and comeback and not have the whole house isolate, or for a student to come back, but not a retired lady who hasn’t been out of her hone for months.

Secondly, I said in my post that the two of them (and our little one, and the dog) are prepared to isolate separately from me (we can easily do that in our house, and to be honest it’s sounds pretty cool for a fortnight)

I went further and said I was prepared to sponsor them and take the wrap of any breach, and that they would both be happy to be electronically tagged.

So why on earth with the above precautions in place would anyone have the slightest issue - given that hundreds of other are coming in with less precautions every single week?

Why don't you make an application on compassionate grounds?