IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Guernsey picked up another 4 cases from arrivals testing so they are obviously picking up more than the 7% quoted. It really is a good system and stops them passing to households, not sure why many on here don’t want testing 

I think we need wider acceptance that the 7% figure isn't true in reality, there's ample data out there to back it up.

There's no better way to demonstrate this than to start testing ourselves... not for any reason other than data, for our own reporting.

Ref 2 week lockdown, funnily I had heard that from someone earlier today. Not sure how serious it is though.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

Could put up few posters for students with slogan: "What are you giving your granny for Christmas?"

That is exactly the kind of emotional blackmail used to try and get compliance with unwelcome measures.  The problem with it is the less questioning amongst us interpret it as being indicative of the real threat and short cut it in their heads to mean "it is certain that if granny meets a student she will get covid and die". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

We've got to hope now that case numbers drop as a result of the lockdown measures in place up until the 2nd Dec. There is evidence to suggest that numbers were already beginning to plateau & in some regions drop before Lockdown II.

We then need our politicians to start applying pressure on HQ & CoMin to come up with a coherent plan to get us out of the 'Gold Standard' 14 day isolation policy.

If the UK starts moving again and families are able to reunite for Christmas it seems incredibly cruel to deny people here the same liberties and freedoms.

People here can leave and return to their heart's content.

As for the UK, even before lockdown the full list of countries you could travel to without restriction on either end was Italy and Sweden.

I think we all hope that the English government sort their shit out and get a grip. And if they do, the borders will ease.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

That is exactly the kind of emotional blackmail used to try and get compliance with unwelcome measures.  The problem with it is the less questioning amongst us interpret it as being indicative of the real threat and short cut it in their heads to mean "it is certain that if granny meets a student she will get covid and die". 

I am doing this tongue in cheek, students interviewed in media keep referencing mental distress so this slogan might work:

"If Spoons shutting makes you sad, just wait until you need to bury granny"

• Haha 1

Could do poster aimed at high risk groups to advertise IoM, which is bit borderline but not posting thinking people will take 100% seriously:

"Find it hard to find a bed in UK, don't worry we got plenty free at Nobles"

The hard hitting AIDS ads from 80s did actually change behavior. Now as an examples medics refuse to tell me to lose 5-10KG (and I assume everyone else) because it a "lifestyle choice". Sure it a choice to (over) eat but surely medics can tell me if it is a good idea. Ditto COVID situation.   

1 minute ago, BenFairfax said:

Could do poster aimed at high risk groups to advertise IoM, which is bit borderline but not posting thinking people will take 100% seriously:

"Find it hard to find a bed in UK, don't worry we got plenty free at Nobles"

The hard hitting AIDS ads from 80s did actually change behavior. Now as an examples medics refuse to tell me to lose 5-10KG (and I assume everyone else) because it a "lifestyle choice". Sure it a choice to (over) eat but surely medics can tell me if it is a good idea. Ditto COVID situation.   

?

17 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So.  News from the uk that the spread has plateaued or is dropping.

Of course intelligent people knew that anyway.

Hail Boris & his three tier lockdowns!

National Lockdown II will be his victory lap, what a guy.

Edited by Nom de plume