IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I agree about that, but cause of death in the midst of a pandemic is different I think. I know they hid aids deaths, but this is more serious isn’t it ?

We should hope then that one of the press ask a very clear question to HQ or DA and get an honest answer.

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I would be very surprised if your second sentence is true.

Death is a matter of public record. But it doesn't mean it has to be recorded or announced anywhere other than in the Registry .

GDPR doesn't apply to dead people, but other legislation around medical records does.

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

They haven’t really. They’ve said someone has died of COVID-19 when it may well be that someone has died after testing positive for COVID-19. There is a very big difference there which I’m sure would be beneficial for them to clarify given some of the things being said and presented as “fact” on social media.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/person-on-island-dies-from-covid-19/

The statement is clear.  They died of Covid.  That's the statement. What needs clarifying?

Only idiots pay attention to social media hysteria.  You should know.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Allison against testing as well, if we just tested on arrival we would get some positives at least. Thus obsession with no testing by Comin contrary to all other countries is just stupid!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/uks-student-covid-tests-unlikely-to-be-used-on-iom/

He simply said they wouldn't use that specific type of test because it was only about 70% accurate.   

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

He simply said they wouldn't use that specific type of test because it was only about 70% accurate.   

But we won’t use any type of test in case it shows a positive case and the Facebook mob cause panic,why are we so out of line with every other country?

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

But we won’t use any type of test in case it shows a positive case and the Facebook mob cause panic,why are we so out of line with every other country?

It’s very clear the Facebook Karen’s are driving the agenda and a lot of the kneejerk policy here. We’ve had the option to revert to science driven approaches and slightly loosen border controls and up testing several times now to no avail. Which makes the lack of any official context around the death being published even more perplexing

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m not sure about this, but Oxera are very respectable number crunchers.

The 14 day quarantine must be wrong. It’s the gold standard. Isn’t it?

107D5DFA-AA21-4E2A-9C76-768ED21139DA.jpeg

Interesting, but I'd doubt the independence of a paper funded by the airline industry and starting with a preface about how important the airline industry is. And have made assumptions about quarantine non-compliance based on the UK shitshow. Maybe I'm just a cynic.

Countries with the panic-stricken Karen quarantine include those notable scaredy-cats Canada, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Australia. Australia still even stick you in a hotel and make you pay for it. So the IOM is not an outlier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you don’t find out where the infections are coming from and how they get there, you have nothing to justify any change of policy. You are stuck with closed borders and 14 day quarantine for ever. Unless somebody puts  their head above the parapet and admits they were wrong all along. Which I doubt any politician will do. So how do you dig yourself out of this hole? Or do you become the lost tribe?

• Like 4