IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Forget the schools. The big unasked question is will Heron and Brearley have bothered to take the opportunity to clean the bogs in any of their pubs... 

As they havent been paying there staff its very unlikely ..ohh and then there is the pubs  that arent surving the Virus . 

Edited by Numbnuts

18 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

They'll be a lot of businesses who have just invested a load into social distancing, outside areas etc before they've even used them.

Yes the tip will be busy this weekend with all the unused Perspex and tape getting dumped! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

I’d be fairly confident there will be no second wave now. The first wave has proved to be disappointing enough compared to the outright panic spread. 

Quite a lot of scientists aren't. What do you know that they don't? I'm more confident we will be able to handle a second wave if it comes, but not that there won't be one.

Also, with the first wave, disappointing in what way? Not enough people dead? Do you think that might be because of the unprecedented measures put in place across the world?

• Like 1

This is good news. No mixed messages. If you are in a care home/hospital you still will require social distancing, for everyone else* it is gone on Monday. Businesses can choose to do it if they want (I suspect that they will end up being the ones with no customers), and schools now no longer have no government restrictions placed upon them.  Howie said that it is now up to headteachers to decide how they proceed. It will be a brave headteacher who still imposes SD and refuses to let all the children back asap. The inference are that *mass gatherings, sports, drinking in pubs etc will be open very soon. My guess is the end of June. I was speaking to a café owner today who wasn't going to open their premises for inside use on Monday due to not wanting to waste even more money changing to 1metre SD restrictions. Well now he can. As I said this can only be viewed as good news, that can now only be screwed up by headteachers inertia/caution or wary businesses (unlikely).