IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

A tradie working in a nursing home was sent home from working there today because his good lady has tested positive.

I think Allinson and his 'not if but when' is really a sign of things to come but hopefully they prove to be false positive.

Yes, I noticed that from Allinson as well.  But proper diagnoses done here (rather than daft people sending off for home test kits) won't be false positives - at most they return an uncertain result and are re-tested.  And I am horrified that someone sharing with a person supposed to be self-isolating would be working anywhere near a nursing home.

I can't help wondering if "Isolated individual (non-community)" is being taken to mean that they are isolating now, rather than ever since returning from UK.

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes, I noticed that from Allinson as well.  But proper diagnoses done here (rather than daft people sending off for home test kits) won't be false positives - at most they return an uncertain result and are re-tested.  And I am horrified that someone sharing with a person supposed to be self-isolating would be working anywhere near a nursing home.

I can't help wondering if "Isolated individual (non-community)" is being taken to mean that they are isolating now, rather than ever since returning from UK.

I can foresee the briefing tomorrow when Mr Ashford states that he acknowledges they aren't reporting this correctly and are now quoting a new section 'Now in isolation' but it still isn't a community case, if it is/was (no proof of such right now).

25 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Well according to the official IOM Government Twitter account, the two new cases today are isolating and not in the community.

I have very good reason to doubt this.

they might be now,  but i suspect they were out and about before hand.

just out of interest, how many people have died from the flu this year ?   is it still the usual numbers or are some flu deaths being classed as covid ?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I think Allinson and his 'not if but when' is really a sign of things to come but hopefully they prove to be false positive.

I wondered if he was preparing us for a community case. Half expected it today, but I suppose it would be a better fit with the press conference tomorrow 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

A tradie working in a nursing home was sent home from working there today because his good lady has tested positive.

I think most people are thinking it will be in the community by Christmas, with students to blame. 

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

From the outset I always thought that the level of asymptomatics would be much higher than was being reported, simply because of the lack of testing (UK in particular). Had these folk been identified earlier then they would have had to isolate. No questions or excuses. If asymptomatics are found outside of isolation then they deserve to get the book thrown at them.

It's such a deadly virus you need to be tested to see if you have it...lol

Edited by yootalkin2me

21 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

It's such a deadly virus you need to be tested to see if you have it...lol

Yes, tell that to the 595 people that died in the UK in the last 24 hours. Oh wait you can't.

Before you start (because I've heard this a lot) yes people die every day and yes these people would have died anyway but for virtually all them that day wouldn't have been yesterday. Further I also am aware that lots of people died of other things yesterday but if the pandemic gets further out of hand and hospital admissions continue to grow (now above first wave levels in the North of England) then hospitals will close down to non-Covid patients and even more unnecessary deaths will occur. So yeah...LOL

• Like 3

Contact tracing of an existing case that came from off Island and they’re positive?

So does that mean these 2 new cases were community transmission then if it came about through contact tracing?

Based on what I’ve heard from multiple people today, this really doesn’t stack up.

I love this ‘note to editors’ by gov

As all seven of the Islands active cases have a clear, traceable chain of transmission related to off-Island travel, these do not count as community transmissions.

so, we have an index case that has clearly caused a community transmission but because it’s traceable to someone who had off-Island travel and they’re now isolating with their household, it’s a self isolating case.

LOVED @rachomicscomment on this whereby every case Mar-Jun would be contacts of contacts of contacts of people who travelled off Island and therefore not community cases.

What a bloody mess.