IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It just seems like the same old bullshit to me.  "I know of several".  How many times do you post that guff to try and validate your point?

This is from a poster who doesn’t want to know the truth about anything apparently as stated above 🙃 So why does it concern you when someone posts some truth about a situation you don’t like? It’s just an opportunity to stir. Nothing else. Some students didn’t get the email as the email address they had was incorrect. Fact. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

This is from a poster who doesn’t want to know the truth about anything apparently as stated above 🙃 So why does it concern you when someone posts some truth about a situation you don’t like? It’s just an opportunity to stir. Nothing else. Some students didn’t get the email as the email address they had was incorrect. Fact. 

It isn't really a fact though is it? You know several people.  Yeh, sure you do.  That's just lies really.

It's probably common sense that of near 1000 students (or indeed anyone with a database of 1000 contacts) may have some details that are no longer valid.  It's hardly anything to get excited about.  Especially given the onus is on the student to keep the DESC informed.

The ultimate responsibility lies with the student.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Regarding returning students I know of a few that are back and sensible arrangements are in place but what disturbed me was the education dept. sent an email to all students advising them about travel and isolation and offering help unfortunately a good many did not even bother to reply.  How long does it take to reply to an email ?   Most of the students will be great but as most groups there are always the few.   Leaving the term student to and side it is a large group of people who are coming over in a relatively short period of time.   If they cannot take a minute to reply to an email they are not going to be worried about isolation rules.

Did they actually need to reply, they, or responsible mummy or daddy will have booked the tickets and they’ll have had to register and get their Covid number, presumably did that when they travelled off island in September, and then obtained their entry permit/passenger locator just before travel.

Why would you correspond with DESC? Response was only required if you needed assistance with isolation or travel. 

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

I don't believe it to be of same household.

But if it is - or is portrayed to be such - you can foresee this being a catalyst for Howard to get things tightened up in his infinite wisdom.

They are not in the same household as the original infection. They didn't catch it in a household at all. The Facebook rumours on this are not a million miles from the truth.

@hissingsid @thesultanofsheightand @The Dog's Dangly Bits you can all take a rest.

Sultan, you’ve been the subject of several reports and adverse comments recently over your use of the smiley/frown emoji and your tit for tat turn of screw escalation and incendiary comments. This is your last chance.

Dogs Dangly, you aren’t far behind.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Also, I am sure most of the students would manage a couple of full stops in their email replies. 

You're being sarcastic for sure.

These days our precious young things see full stops as a sign of aggression (and capitalization a pain in the butt and they can hardly spell their own name without making a spelling mistake).

21 minutes ago, Barlow said:

You're being sarcastic for sure.

These days our precious young things see full stops as a sign of aggression (and capitalization a pain in the butt and they can hardly spell their own name without making a spelling mistake).

Doubt they will be the ones going to Uni.

Having said that, when I was at Uni I shared a floor in halls with some fine art students who had to do 2 written assignments each year.  One was a very talented artist but not an academic.  For one assignment she plagiarised a text book on the required topic.  Unfortunately, her assignment opened with "At this juncture..."

I don't think it affected her degree results and she subsequently exhibited at the Slade.

Edited by Gladys

6 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/fedelta-offices-reopen-after-precautionary-covid-closure/

Fedelta rightly kicking off at Gov. Track and trace is so damn broken and 111 seemingly incapable of reacing properly to situations.

There's definitely something wrong there!

’Our employee took the sensible precaution of isolating from the moment they became aware of the issue but, bearing in mind they were living in close contact with identified high risk individuals.

’It seems questionable that the advice from 111 to the individual concerned was to go about their normal business (including going to work in an office with 30 colleagues) and await further contact if necessary.’

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Doubt they will be the ones going to Uni.

Having said that, when I was at Uni I shared a floor in halls with some fine art students who had to do 2 written assignments each year.  One was a very talented artist but not an academic.  For one assignment she plagiarised a text book on the required topic.  Unfortunately, her assignment opened with "At this juncture..."

I don't think it affected her degree results and she subsequently exhibited at the Slade.

The uni* students are as bad as any. We get them with degrees and there (sic) spelling and grammar is often primary school level.

At a push I kind of get where this modern teaching of grammar and spelling being secondary to meaning (or whatever the excuse for modern slack-arsed education is these days) but when I used to see a job application or report with shit grammar and spelling it went to the bottom of the pile. 

*Used to be called 'University'

• Like 1