IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Forget the schools. The big unasked question is will Heron and Brearley have bothered to take the opportunity to clean the bogs in any of their pubs... 

drove past the Manor the other day and after 11 weeks of opportunity to tidy it up, it still looks like a shit pit

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I also heard Saddle, O Donnells and QB.  Courthouse too, which I would be more surprised at.

A number of brewery ones wont open as they are shitholes ripe for health issues and they wont want to spend on them.

The Manor is a prime plot for housing.

Add also the Bridge the Railway and the Cat plus the Stanley the Royal and Central in Ramsey and that's just for starters.

Was it only ever leased then? That's been a very long time, must be 25 years. I used to ride my bike on the building site of that estate when I was a kid, the ground workers put some big soil ramps up for us, but the pub had been open a few years by the time I was of drinking age.

11 minutes ago, finlo said:

Add also the Bridge the Railway and the Cat plus the Stanley the Royal and Central in Ramsey and that's just for starters.

I'm not sure about that.  The Central I get. It's a shit hole and the Swan is across the road.  I would say the Stanley does ok.  The Royal should do and is ok in terms of the furnishing etc.  I did hear  Bar Logo wasn't opening back up.

The Cat being closed makes no sense.  The Railway and Bridge struggle.  Although they've had money spent on them and Pasta and Pizza opening down there helps rather than hinders. 

5 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I wonder where all the paranoid panickers are now we are three weeks without a case and government have FINALLY relented ?

The govt has done a great job so far.

You can stand-down your proxy and go back to using your previous username for now.

• Like 1