IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Bit much to assume a breach of some sort to be honest.

As I understand it, if my wife was returning I could legally and fully within guidance for and get her from airport in our car, then return home and she isolate?  She could get a taxi?

Also seems stupid for a blanket “while household” rule.  A 1000sq ft hone with four people in it is a slightly different proposition to a 5000 ft home with two occupants

30 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They thought it wouldn't happen.

A lot of people on MF and elsewhere pointed out that it would almost certainly happen.

It happened.

I wonder if the good Dr. Glover will proffer an opinion on this new state of affairs....?

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

If we take the above scenario as gospel, Husband to Wife to Sister?

The sisters transmission would be unforeseen, innocent if the 'Wfe' did not know that she was infected.

A person (husband) isolating is required to separate from the household.

If he passed it to his wife, then a breech?

But you are only required to isolate as far as practicable.  We were told it is quite a low risk of transmission but it has happened.  It doesn't necessarily mean they ignored isolation.  Let's not bay for more blood. 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

But you are only required to isolate as far as practicable.  We were told it is quite a low risk of transmission but it has happened.  It doesn't necessarily mean they ignored isolation.  Let's not bay for more blood. 

It's like asking German bikers if they wouldn't mind awfully keeping to the left hand side of the road when they ride on our roads. Bitte.

1 hour ago, Declan said:

But that was always a foreseeable situation. They accepted the risk up to now, so there must be another reason for change.

Uk having gone from circa 1000 new cases a day to over 33000 today, is a good enough reason. They have not declared how many dead yet, but yesterday was 595 comp area to figures sometimes in the teens a few weeks ago. 

30 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Is it because someone arrived back from the UK with the virus and transmitted it to one of the household where they were isolating? As we've said many times would happen? I've never quite seen the sense in one person in a house self-isolating alongside others who don't. I guess now it's going to be a bit more watertight.

I didn't listen to the queen's broadcast this affy.  I got the news this morning from the EVF garage in Laxey that there were two community cases.  Apparently it might have been discussed on the Facebook? :)

The EDF garage probably had a better delivery.