IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Uk having gone from circa 1000 new cases a day to over 33000 today, is a good enough reason. They have not declared how many dead yet, but yesterday was 595 comp area to figures sometimes in the teens a few weeks ago. 

It's also the number of NHS beds occupied due to COVID. Up from 11,000 @ last week to a stated 14,000 this week. On top of the stated, "normal for this time of the year" 3000 flu cases and 7000 cancer cases. I can't remember how many were on ventilators but the number was given.

39 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I would rather see what is done about the trawler owner who "chartered" his boat to the fugitive up in court today.

Talking of trawlers apparently some Polish fishermen sailed into Ramsey and took themselves off on a shopping spree twice before being apprehended.

Their excuses were that nobody told them they weren't allowed and there is no signage to say as much either!

43 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Calm down.  We don't have bodies on the streets,  hospital in total overload etc. 2 people have tested positive. If the tracing people are good there should be no problem 

No one (on here anyway) is panicking.  but many of us are worried about how things are being handled, especially about the way information is being given out and how speedily and competently actions are being taken.  If the government is unable to be open and helpful even in simple situation, how will they cope if things get worse?

And maybe now is the time to panic, because in an epidemic it's by reacting early that you react effectively.  It's no use saying "no one's dead yet" (though they are and we still haven't the appropriate details on that) because when the deaths start happening you can't go back in time and stop those people catching it 3-4 weeks ago or stop the people the got if from catching it the week before that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, finlo said:

Talking of trawlers apparently some Polish fishermen sailed into Ramsey and took themselves off on a shopping spree twice before being apprehended.

Their excuses were that nobody told them they weren't allowed and there is no signage to say as much either!

thought all foreign vessels were made to land in Douglas or Peel?

or was this a little while ago?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

No one (on here anyway) is panicking.  but many of us are worried about how things are being handled, especially about the way information is being given out and how speedily and competently actions are being taken.  If the government is unable to be open and helpful even in simple situation, how will they cope if things get worse?

also the government as saying they're being as open and communicative as possible while making up random ways to avoid saying there's community transfers

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just a musing.

All those who are terrified, how many smoke?  How many have made a concerted effort to lose weight and get more physically fit since this all kicked off?

People need to take some responsibility for themselves and our politicians should be leading by example and encouraging others to do the same.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, finlo said:

This week, beg's the question how were they allowed a berth?

I was thinking the exact same thing

Surely the DOI would just advise them to turn back or at the very least ensure they were aware of the requirements if they did allow them to come in for some safety reason

34 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Uk having gone from circa 1000 new cases a day to over 33000 today, is a good enough reason. They have not declared how many dead yet, but yesterday was 595 comp area to figures sometimes in the teens a few weeks ago. 

How many have symptoms?

70,000 more tests today than the last 7 day average of 307k.  Cant be arsed with a calculator but in my head that's about 23% increase in testing

19 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Touché Doctor....well, sort of, of the millions who have caught/had the virus not that many, in comparison, have died or had a severe reaction...I'll leave that right there.

You can leave it where you like. You stated it wasn’t much of a virus if you had to test to know you’d got it. I offered a counterexample to disprove your assertion. Never said anything about comparative death rates. 

2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

How many have symptoms?

70,000 more tests today than the last 7 day average of 307k.  Cant be arsed with a calculator but in my head that's about 23% increase in testing

Isn't it over over there? As anyone with any intelligence knows?