IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Used to be here ( not that long ago ) that if you broke a limb here Nobles first ( nowhere else to go ) then to the UK to get the broken bone set properly. I recall the name as well but won’t repeat it as all medics look after their own . Sod the patients. 

Fucking idiot. Why post that rubbish ?

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's not rubbish, several of my circle have been maimed for life here!

All medical procedures have risk (even taken an aspirin), my brother-in-law does have to inform patients families from time to time the operation of successful but unfortunately the patient did not survive. Medics are over regulated with litigation a continuous over hanging worry as such they often take of less the optimal amount of clinical risk. 

6 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's not rubbish, several of my circle have been maimed for life here!

Yep , and I know the name of the ‘surgeon’  - or butcher. Everyone on the Island knows who he is but meds , being meds , closed ranks like they always do. Like we have a hospital , we don’t , we have a pretty nifty A&E. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cambon said:

Person returned from uk. Passed it on to his wife, who passed it to her sister in another household. 

That is not what the rumour mill is saying now. Could it have come out from the hospital is the question ?

41 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

Medics are over regulated with litigation a continuous over hanging worry as such they often take of less the optimal amount of clinical risk. 

I thought someone said doctors explain the risks and the patient decides, or something like that. Safe practice is acceptable but defensive medicine - is that ethical ?

2 minutes ago, Apple said:

I thought someone said doctors explain the risks and the patient decides, or something like that. Safe practice is acceptable but defensive medicine - is that ethical ?

Medics may choose not to present an option, to then be decided on by the patient. With ethics not my view, that just ethics in Western societies.