IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I also heard Saddle, O Donnells and QB.  Courthouse too, which I would be more surprised at.

A number of brewery ones wont open as they are shitholes ripe for health issues and they wont want to spend on them.

The Manor is a prime plot for housing.

Is the Manor not owned by Douglas Corpy ?

1 hour ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the teachers lounge on Monday 

They have been expecting this outcome. One of my family members is a teacher in a douglas primary, before TT the staff from the School were told that it was likely that SD would be scraped by the time the hubs were collapsed so to be ready to go back in. There have been some extra cleaning stations put in.

Edited by immortalpuppet

1 hour ago, finlo said:

They'll bleat long and loud to try to drag it out until summer recess.

If there was a 1m  or 2m restriction I could envisage some people having an issue with the return to school, however with social distancing down to zero  the capacity issues are negated - as are the issues around primary kids playing

perhaps the desc will grant parents who choose to keep kids off until September with leniency. i dont know. 

but its going to be very difficult now (for teachers, parents or indeed the desc) to make a coherent argument to keep schools closed

Edited by snowman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Quite a lot of scientists aren't. What do you know that they don't? I'm more confident we will be able to handle a second wave if it comes, but not that there won't be one.

Also, with the first wave, disappointing in what way? Not enough people dead? Do you think that might be because of the unprecedented measures put in place across the world?

I do find the beliefs of the obsessive panickers hard to respond to to be honest. The whole thing has been massively over egged and the assumptions used for shutting down the economy totally wrong. Now the scientists are patting themselves on the back as the damage was much less than their totally made up assumptions of mass destruction. Meanwhile millions of people are going to have to adapt to years of unemployment moving forward. I’m sure all the doomsday boffins are now all praying for a second wave so that their predictions of the end of the world don’t prove to be an even bigger load of old crap. 

Edited by Mr Newbie

2 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

I do find the beliefs of the obsessive panickers hard to respond to to be honest. The whole thing has been massively over egged and the assumptions used for shutting down the economy totally wrong. Now the scientists are patting themselves on the back as the damage was much less than their totally made up assumptions of mass destruction. Meanwhile millions of people are going to have to adapt to years of unemployment moving forward. I’m sure all the doomsday boffins are now all praying for a second wave so that their predictions of the end of the world don’t prove to be an even bigger load of old crap. 

you're a total knobhead

• Like 2
  • Haha 2