IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

As an I aside, I note the children of several senior civil servants and ministers returned to the Island earlier this week, I assume with advance notice of due changes to household isolations.

Not sure that’s fair

It was obvious it was coming and loads of kids have left uni early.  To suggest some sort of internal government ploy seems beyond far fetched and reasonable.

If I had kids away I would have got them gone by now and have no inside knowledge at all.

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Not sure that’s fair

It was obvious it was coming and loads of kids have left uni early.  To suggest some sort of internal government ploy seems beyond far fetched and reasonable.

If I had kids away I would have got them gone by now and have no inside knowledge at all.

I dont think so. I think many were actually waiting for 2nd Dec to come and finish their terms away.

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

.........dont know if many people do know this, but who cares. the reason for this weeks mess? The lab had no testing agent, couldn't test swabs. so they had to use the limited supply of rapid tests, meaning very limited daily testing capacity.

The real panic the other day though was about where the infection is thought to have come from. Suffice its to say I believe that questions have been been asked about the use of PPE and where is was being used, or not. Now lets see how honest the CM and DA are going to be. 

• Like 1

From the gov website, and update posted ages ago as far as I can make out.

Is this happening?  I know they have stoped the antibody testing and have seen nothing to suggest they are testing anyone else outside of maybe healthcare?

Testing continues to be available for everyone with symptoms.  We will routinely test a number of groups of asymptomatic people to see whether the virus is continuing to circulate on Island.  We are also rolling out a programme of antibody testing to see how many residents have been infected since the start of the pandemic.”

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Is this happening?  I know they have stoped the antibody testing and have seen nothing to suggest they are testing anyone else outside of maybe healthcare?

Testing continues to be available for everyone with symptoms.  We will routinely test a number of groups of asymptomatic people to see whether the virus is continuing to circulate on Island.  We are also rolling out a programme of antibody testing to see how many residents have been infected since the start of the pandemic.”

Didn't Lord Ashford MBE announce at a recent presser that they're done the first 5000 antibody tests and would public the results when they can be arsed, but didn't see any point in doing the other 5000?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Ashie said the other day they are not doing any more anti body testing as results aren't much use because anti bodies not sticking there for long.

Regarding random testing then this is another untruth as they have never done any and don't really test anyone unless symptoms 

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

As an I aside, I note the children of several senior civil servants and ministers returned to the Island earlier this week, I assume with advance notice of due changes to household isolations.

Mine came back 2 weeks ago. No inside info here, but based on the announcement of lockdown in the UK. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

There must have been a legal basis for paying for testing because they actually introduced it in September for the 7-day tests and said at the time that it could also be used for those who needed a recent test result for entering certain jurisdictions.  

Indeed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

With any other organisation, I wouldn't believe the story about demanding full liability for the results of tests using the reagents.

It just shows how litigation risks effect decision making in medicine, glad I do not work in such a field. So assume all waffling around peoples employment terms was really about legal liability if anything goes wrong. With genetic testing clear from start  @rachomics is the Daddy, and good to heard yesterday that set up a group of Daddy's namely "advisory medical group" to (I assume) detail scientific basis for policy options. 

16 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Interesting to hear ashie on a recorded interview on the nations station just now explaining why the atholl street dude or dudess didn't qualify for a test. Didn't mention reagents for some reason.

Careful now, a government department might have ended up turning a profit for a service.