IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I hope @rachomicsdoesn't mind me saying this. It didn't come from her, someone I know in DHSC kindly enlightened me, but I know she's been a bloody legend and saved the day.

But the govt are a bunch of fuckers. Absolute fuckers.

dont know if many people do know this, but who cares. the reason for this weeks mess? The lab had no testing agent, couldn't test swabs. so they had to use the limited supply of rapid tests, meaning very limited daily testing capacity.

Luckily someone like Rachel - who is under no obligation to be helpful to the absolute retards (i.e. Lord Ashford MBE and Farmer Howard, CNT) - saw past this to get the lab sorted. a true credit to this Island. APPARENTLY they want Rachel (her business?) to keep supplying the agent, but only if she agrees to accept full liability for any issues caused by false results.

Howard and Davina should be ousted and locked away. Ban me from the forum if that's too much to say, but they're the biggest threat to this island.

So what we know is that a short farmer and his puppet are jeapoardising public health by being sulky after someone dared disagree with them in public?

Why doesn't this surprise me in the slightest? Maybe we'll get another anonymous letter saying that it definitely wasn't the DHSC's fault and that taxogenomics are actually big meaniepants.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I might have missed it (thinks bubble- doubt it) but have either Mr Toad or Ashworth made any mention of when or how 'the vaccine' is going to be made available here - or is the cunning plan to keep the Island in splendid isolation until the entire UK has been jabbed so we can then allow the previously 'unclean' back onto our hallowed CV-sterile shores?

My other thought is that having been so tight-fisted about charging for testing, are we going to have to fork out for the jab ourselves?

10 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So what we know is that a short farmer and his puppet are jeapoardising public health by being sulky after someone dared disagree with them in public?

Why doesn't this surprise me in the slightest? Maybe we'll get another anonymous letter saying that it definitely wasn't the DHSC's fault and that taxogenomics are actually big meaniepants.

Is that meant to be funny ? RM thought so but really?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

Not sure that’s fair

It was obvious it was coming and loads of kids have left uni early.  To suggest some sort of internal government ploy seems beyond far fetched and reasonable.

If I had kids away I would have got them gone by now and have no inside knowledge at all.

If I had kids at uni or going to uni I would have said don't go in the first place, take a year out.

Not in hindsight. It was obvious at the time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Whatever.

Really?  Do you not think there is a pile of crap being fed to us now?  Not being able to pay for testing to be sure your business can remain safe, contorted definitions of the prevalence, or not, of the virus, funny goings on with testing and the supply of the reagents, an admitted shift from protection to eradication?  

And today, we had the term vires thrown around, when there are emergency vires readily available.   

Look it up vires is very different from virus. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Really?  Do you not think there is a pile of crap being fed to us now?  Not being able to pay for testing to be sure your business can remain safe, contorted definitions of the prevalence, or not, of the virus, funny goings on with testing and the supply of the reagents, an admitted shift from protection to eradication?  

And today, we had the term vires thrown around, when there are emergency vires readily available.   

Look it up vires is very different from virus. 

Hate do argue with you Gladys as I have always admired your postings. I am no expert, I have no scientific knowledge, am not a statistician, but I just believe that our Government are doing their best for all. What they do affects them too. Can’t understand why so many people want to pick holes in everything they do or say. I couldn’t do their job and apart from about two posters on here, nobody else would have enough insight to improve what I consider a very safe place right now.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Hate do argue with you Gladys as I have always admired your postings. I am no expert, I have no scientific knowledge, am not a statistician, but I just believe that our Government are doing their best for all. What they do affects them too. Can’t understand why so many people want to pick holes in everything they do or say. I couldn’t do their job and apart from about two posters on here, nobody else would have enough insight to improve what I consider a very safe place right now.

It's a safe place right now because of the Manx people, not the Manx politicians. None of us want to be "the person who brought it back" so we isolate and make sure we don't transmit the virus by being extra careful. That's not down to the politicians at all. I don't understand why people seem to attribute it to them. 

• Like 16

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's all true of course, but the real problem here is a cultural one.  Surgeons of your generation will have been trained in a very different way from the old 'consultant as god' ones, where mistakes could never be admitted so as to keep the egos inflated.  Mistakes are now to be learned from; data used to supplement experience; systems implemented to stop avoidable errors; patients treated like people not compliant lumps of meat.

https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/patient-care/surgical-staff-and-regulation/surgical-outcomes/

This is an example of what should be routine, but isn't here on the island. (posted in response to teachers dispute thread).

The comments in Leg Co recently indicate the problem on the island for so long in that some medical staff have had their own way for so long with no real management accountability. 

Next week's Tynwald questions include complaints and Datix information and how that can be used to assist in complaints from patients and families although rarely does a complaint not have some organisational failure element to it.

I know some people would never criticise medical staff for anything but they do need calling to account for the public services they are required to provide and the quality of those services. It is sometimes not as straightforward as sometimes made out on here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rachomics said:

It's a safe place right now because of the Manx people, not the Manx politicians. None of us want to be "the person who brought it back" so we isolate and make sure we don't transmit the virus by being extra careful. That's not down to the politicians at all. I don't understand why people seem to attribute it to them. 

Dilli holds them in a god like esteem christ knows why!