IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

55 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Probably a better line up than last week. Imagine sitting through an hour of Paul Moultan, Chris Robertshaw, someone else and Josem. You'd have to have had a lot of smack.

Or smack the lot of them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Just watched Rachel’s sketch with Paul Moulton.

Id advise anyone attacking her to go watch it too.

I haven’t watched it all but of the 20 minutes I’ve just listened to, Rachel came across knowledgeable yet equally very down to earth. On that note I have to say Paul Moulton makes a good interviewer, if he could deliver questions the same way during press briefings it would make things far more pleasant to listen too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

I haven’t watched it all but of the 20 minutes I’ve just listened to, Rachel came across knowledgeable yet equally very down to earth. On that note I have to say Paul Moulton makes a good interviewer, if he could deliver questions the same way during press briefings it would make things far more pleasant to listen too.

Wish he would stop flailing his hands. 

10 hours ago, John Wright said:

?????

UK is on the standardised EU list as high risk. More & more countries are adopting it. Mainly as a tit for tat for UK closing air corridors and imposing quarantine.

Nothing to do with IoM, as you say they wouldn’t have a clue. The country I’m going to requires a PCR for inward travel from UK.

Name me anywhere I can travel to without going through UK?

I am familiar with the situation in central Europe (Switzerland, Austria, Germany).

The UK is classified as "low risk" and incoming travel originating from the UK does not require Covid tests or quarantine. See for instance Austria's requirements below (I am due to fly to Vienna in a few weeks; that is why I searched that info).

Unfortunately, the Isle of Man is not in the list of low risk places; with implication that travel originating from the Isle of Man would not be exempt from restrictions. Unless you omit that insignificant details in the passenger form, which is what I intend to do to be clear. We have very little Covid in the island.

You can check this web-site: https://canitravel.net

755483158_austriaentryrequirements.thumb.jpg.cae61abada2f1c17f00984b86ea7a5ab.jpg

46 minutes ago, Debbie said:

I am familiar with the situation in central Europe (Switzerland, Austria, Germany).

The UK is classified as "low risk" and incoming travel originating from the UK does not require Covid tests or quarantine. See for instance Austria's requirements below (I am due to fly to Vienna in a few weeks; that is why I searched that info).

Unfortunately, the Isle of Man is not in the list of low risk places; with implication that travel originating from the Isle of Man would not be exempt from restrictions. Unless you omit that insignificant details in the passenger form, which is what I intend to do to be clear. We have very little Covid in the island.

You can check this web-site: https://canitravel.net

755483158_austriaentryrequirements.thumb.jpg.cae61abada2f1c17f00984b86ea7a5ab.jpg

1. I’m not going to Austria, Germany or Switzerland.

2. the extract for Austria  doesn’t mention low or high risk areas. Just areas within the EU that Austria requires, or does not require, a PCR test. Not the same. The list of areas for which PCR is required are seriously high risk hot spots. It’s not an indicator that anywhere not requiring PCR is low risk. They aren’t.

3. all Europe is slowly moving to the standardised area mapping and green, amber, red risk I posted the link to. My travel is some weeks ahead. Austria may change by then. You can’t rely on the above being in force by the time you travel.

4. you misunderstand the IOM position. For these purposes, up until 31/12, ( under the transition provisions ) we are part of EU for travel as we have no separate international identity to the UK. That’s because we aren’t independent, but dependent. So by legal reason IOM is included in UK and therefore in the list. In any event you won’t be arriving from IOM but Uk. It’s your final departure airport before arrival

5. There is a substantial risk, if your travel is on after 1/1/21, that UK including IOM and CI, will fall into category 3. Joys of Brexit.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

1. I’m not going to Austria, Germany or Switzerland.

2. the extract for Austria  doesn’t mention low or high risk areas. Just areas within the EU that Austria requires, or does not require, a PCR test. Not the same. The list of areas for which PCR is required are seriously high risk hot spots. It’s not an indicator that anywhere not requiring PCR is low risk. They aren’t.

3. all Europe is slowly moving to the standardised area mapping and green, amber, red risk I posted the link to. My travel is some weeks ahead. Austria may change by then. You can’t rely on the above being in force by the time you travel.

4. you misunderstand the IOM position. For these purposes, up until 31/12, ( under the transition provisions ) we are part of EU for travel as we have no separate international identity to the UK. That’s because we aren’t independent, but dependent. So by legal reason IOM is included in UK and therefore in the list. In any event you won’t be arriving from IOM but Uk. It’s your final departure airport before arrival

5. There is a substantial risk, if your travel is on after 1/1/21, that UK including IOM and CI, will fall into category 3. Joys of Brexit.

Isn’t Austria going into full lockdown this week so don’t think it will be much fun there!!

on the Brexit issue I have just renewed passport which expired 1:04/21 as need 6 months minimum on passport after 31/12 & hoping to travel February.

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

1. Isn’t Austria going into full lockdown this week so don’t think it will be much fun there!!

2. on the Brexit issue I have just renewed passport which expired 1:04/21 as need 6 months minimum on passport after 31/12 & hoping to travel February.

1. Which is why I said “You can’t rely on the above being in force by the time you travel” in my response to Debbie.

2. Quite. I’ve checked passports, got international Driving Permits and Green Cards, arranged for veterinary health certificates, rabies antibody certificates as well as pet passports and all boosters up to date. If we go it’ll be bridging the end of transition. It’s a pain. It’s been so easy for the last 48 years. I’m going to have to start keeping tickets or a travel diary to ensure we don’t fall foul of the 90 in 180 rolling visa free total. At least Bulgaria is out of Schengen ( for now ) so dates there aren’t aggregated.

12 hours ago, rachomics said:

I'm working on whether this is a feasibility for my lab in Onchan at the moment. Likelihood is that we need to make modifications to the lab to protect the staff and then get the appropriate "rubber stamps" from the certification authorities in the UK. Even if it looks feasible it wouldn't be operational until the new year. 

That would be good. Yes please from me. When you’re setting up you’ll need to think about a standalone web site with sign in for accessing the results. It’s more reliable than e-mail. That’s how they were delivered when I did PCR in Spain and Bulgaria.

Also look at the possibility of weekend appointments. My travel is depart 19.45 Sunday arrive 15.30 Wednesday. So Friday ( or Saturday ) testing wouldn’t work.

12 hours ago, Banker said:

That would be fantastic as until the vaccine gets rolled out fully there will be increasing demands from countries for negative tests

Even with vaccine, especially until length of efficacy is resolved, there may be a continuing need. Vaccine may  mess things up if it causes detectable results. And it’s going to depend on what vaccine does, protect you from catching, so you don’t have it and can’t pass it on, or boost your defences so you catch it, but can fight successfully, but may still be infectious.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lxxx said:

It's the best we have at the moment though as far as I am aware.

Which is why there should be a lab and service here. It wouldn’t work for me as I depart Sunday and arrive Wednesday. Test on Friday wouldn’t work. Which is why I’m going to a testing place in UK. I’ve a day in England all day on the Monday.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Which is why there should be a lab and service here. It wouldn’t work for me as I depart Sunday and arrive Wednesday. Test on Friday wouldn’t work. Which is why I’m going to a testing place in UK. I’ve a day in England all day on the Monday.

I completely agree. We have all the facilities to do so as we have done so previously.

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Thank you.  I do hope HQ and DA watch that, in its entirety, as there are some very important messages.

I agree. However she did make quite clear that science should only play a part in the decision-making process, it shouldn't be the process. We should be taking her input and using it as one data set amongst many in which to inform decisions. Sometimes there are more over-riding matters in an economy that supercede what a scientist may think is important.  

As always it looks like communication is the real issue here.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Highest single day of positive tests yesterday. Where do you get your news?

As I say I read it somewhere so wasn't sure how accurate it was. Glad to be put straight as I thought it sounded strange. However my first point stands you can do all the testing ypu want but if you have a poor track and trace system it's not going to be much use.