IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

What my dad was saying was that despite all of Al Capone's resources, he'd never be able to achieve anything on the IoM as there are too many gangsters here already!

Perhaps that was true back in the Al Capone era. I'm much too young to know for sure what it was like here during the 1920s. Though my own grandparents and great grandparents never gave the impression that things here were anything other than always mostly rather nice.

And it certainly doesn't seem true today: The island seems very well regulated and stable. Also refreshingly free of politics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, pongo said:

Perhaps that was true back in the Al Capone era. I'm much too young to know for sure what it was like here during the 1920s. Though my own grandparents and great grandparents never gave the impression that things here were anything other than always mostly rather nice.

And it certainly doesn't seem true today: The island seems very well regulated and stable. Also refreshingly free of politics.

It was the 70s when he said it, how old do you think I am? ;) 

Sorry, I can't agree with your second paragraph, or are you being ironic perhaps?

24 minutes ago, finlo said:

Back on the topic of restrictions, how is a certain wealthy chap commuting almost daily to the Uk and back in his helicopter seemingly unrestricted?

Because there is absolutely nothing to stop him coming back to his own bed and house as long as he stays there either for 14 days or before going off island again

Can we now assume that anyone from outside the Island will not be allowed here until a vaccination is found & administered to them?

If so, what will our policy be?

The Government have made it patently clear eradication of the virus is now the goal (obviously unrealistic) so looking like a long few months for those with family or business connections.

1 hour ago, Northern Correspondent said:

So with the rule changes coming up, will said resident commuting via helicopter be required to isolate alongside all of his staff who live/work in the house with him?

What about the pilot? (Thinking here about my own famous neighbour and his staff)...

one rule for them etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Can we now assume that anyone from outside the Island will not be allowed here until a vaccination is found & administered to them?

The Government have made it patently clear eradication of the virus is now the goal (obviously unrealistic) so looking like a long few months for those with family or business connections.

Probably waiting a while for any policy from Howie, only jurisdiction without a proper exit plan and no testing regime 

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Probably waiting a while for any policy from Howie, only jurisdiction without a proper exit plan and no testing regime 

Yep ... looking like November next year following the election before we can expect any substantial movement (in the absence of a workable vaccine solution).

Lets all look on the bright side: 

Pure rumour and speculation but I think in terms of vaccination Father Christmas might just deliver on time. If so, the feel good factor will mean throwing open the doors for everyone, surely. Spend, spend, spend. 

Will we have sufficient staff to administer a vaccine? Will they all be transferred to Manx Care by then?

Lets hope so.

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

No sane person would come up with such a bonkers policy.

.....which probably means it will be suggested.

1 minute ago, Lxxx said:

No sane person would come up with such a bonkers policy.

.....which probably means it will be suggested.

There is no way out for them though is there? Seriously.

They won’t test, they won’t stand down the 14 day quarantine. The virus is here to stay.

The eggs are well & truly in the vaccine basket which there are no guarantees over.

Then it begs the question who would be allowed here - must you have a vax certificate prior to arrival?

These are the questions that need asking at the very least.

• Like 1