IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

The press should be all over this.  If it wasn’t an actual letter and they lied in a briefing then they have lost any shred of respect and integrity they had left.

The press won't upset the applecart. Even the Gov mouthpiece and fanclub Gef the Mongs are trying to make light of the whole thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Roxanne said:

They could get that lovely Beth Espey to take them to task on Mandate tomorrow morning.  She'd do a superb job.  Only Mandate doesn't exist any more.

Removed in exchange for leaving Manx Radio alone for a while.  No questions asked - literally - all round.

Isn't she married to the Chief Exec of the Cabinet Office or something of that nature anyway? This is the issue with this island, too may links into too many places for anyone to really take this shower of shit to task.

• Like 2

The government line was clear yesterday in Tynwald.

It is vital that we are able to maintain trust and confidence in the government and the health services as without that neither can continue to function. So stop asking questions that could, if answered fully or even honestly, undermine that.

Or people will stop coming into hospital for treatment or won't attend for vaccinations. 

Confidence is now the biggest issue as fear is taking over in my view.

Edited by Apple

4 minutes ago, Apple said:

It is vital that we are able to maintain trust and confidence in the government and the health services as without that neither can continue to function. So stop asking questions that could, if answered fully or even honestly, undermine that.

Or people will stop coming into hospital for treatment or won't attend for vaccinations. 

I disagree. There is no fear at all. However patience is now wearing very thin with the handling of this and as such there is a distinct lack of trust in anything coming out of government these days.

30 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Some enterprising MHK needs to be at this like a dog with a bone now. It will be remembered come voting time and it's a opportunity for one of them to grab the limelight here and expose the incompetents while it is fresh in the memory.

Even Manx Radio seems to have picked up the story, so I don't think it will be ignored.  But it isn't really the most important story here which is to do with the policy around how the Covid crisis is dealt with, and how that policy is made and modified. 

However this sort of thing does cast a light on the competence of those who are currently in charge of this policy and so deserves some attention.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

I disagree. There is no fear at all.

A quick trawl of the social and main media reflects it in my opinion. I read on here about the" facebook pitchfork brigade". Even the CM referred to the issue yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Apple said:

A quick trawl of the social and main media reflects it in my opinion. I read on here about the" facebook pitchfork brigade". Even the CM referred to the issue yesterday. 

Don't confuse the stupid and illiterate with the wider public opinion. They just shout the loudest. 

No-one in my circle is fearful of this virus. They are more fearful of this incompetent government's handling of it and what will be left of the island's economy when they ever get round to formulating any policy decisions on how to move forward. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Even Manx Radio seems to have picked up the story, so I don't think it will be ignored.  But it isn't really the most important story here which is to do with the policy around how the Covid crisis is dealt with, and how that policy is made and modified. 

However this sort of thing does cast a light on the competence of those who are currently in charge of this policy and so deserves some attention.

Wonder how the Abbotswood investigation is going? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Apple said:

But it's not really clear that "Trust me, I'm not a doctor" is working that well for Quayle and his merry men at the moment.  And respect can only be earned not demanded.  All they seem to demonstrating at the moment is that the only thing that matters to them is the massaging of their egos, rather than doing the correct thing for the people of the Island.

The real problem may simply be down to the fact they don't really understand what science is and how it operates.  And this is a crisis that can only be dealt with by being informed by the current science at every stage.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The term was "a re-set".

On the letter, what would be good is if the sender could be persuaded to release it to the press, redacted if they so wish and perhaps that would put a lid on this.

If this isn't dealt with appropriately, I can see UK meddling in our fisheries as a mere diversion in a wider constitutional issue. 

40 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Wonder how the Abbotswood investigation is going? 

Getting brushed under the carpet and due to reopen in a few weeks.

My understanding is that the police investigation is ongoing, all the senior management were interviewed about 2-3 weeks ago and at the moment there is nothing prominent, more a clutching of straws. But a wider refusal by DHSC or the Gov to accept it was one of them things that happened and nobody is really to blame, although I'd argue from what I know that the DHSC is responsible for more deaths at Abbotswood than should have happened.

It's a mess and another example of where Lord Quayle, Lord Ashford MBE and DHSC can't bring themselves to admit they were wrong on something. I'm still convinced that when it's reopend that IOM PLC will try to buy the place as a southern hospital, a bit like Ramsey Cottage.