IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Bill Dale's beachbuddies to restart. Thank god says he, for the beaches are back to pre beachbuddies days, plastic and litter wise. Strange, I didn't notice that when walking the dog around most of the northern beaches during lockdown. Ballagarraghyn the site for the first one, people need to bring a camera for before and after pics, such is the state of the place, says bill. 

Strangely enough, that's the exact beach we went to last weekend, it was near enough spotless, so clean I nearly actually started a thread on it.

37 minutes ago, Debbie said:

For those who missed it, tomorrow Tynwald returns to the chamber. Here is the order paper:

http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/opqp/2020-PP-0114.pdf

It will boost confidence.

My understanding is that schools are resuming (mostly) normal operations; but attendance won't be compulsory until September.

That is unless unions dig there heals in.  Which the communication we received from school suggest they are.  The letter we got said “we are waiting for guidance from Desc”. And there is a zoom meeting tonight between Union and govt...don’t hold your breath 

1 hour ago, Debbie said:

For those who missed it, tomorrow Tynwald returns to the chamber. Here is the order paper:

http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/opqp/2020-PP-0114.pdf

It will boost confidence.

My understanding is that schools are resuming (mostly) normal operations; but attendance won't be compulsory until September.

Boost who's confidence?

I went into Strand Street today, it was good to see things returning to normal, all except the MT Store that was still enforcing a 2 metre SD queue outside the store with the same restrictions as before inside. Needless to say they lost my custom again. It was almost good to see signs of busyness and to see congested traffic, and then I remembered that was just DoI playing with their cones and tin of paint again.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Golfer said:

All restrictions scrapped, all,pubs open Thursday!!!

Handy.

Schools back on Monday.  

Really stupid comment from Skelly about businesses needing to cater for people who still wish to be socially distanced. What the actual fuck?

Quite easy if someone wants to maintain social distancing- stay at home:whatever:

• Like 2