IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Lockdown requires significant on island spread, it's in their own published plan on the website. Can't remember the exact figures but its like 60 cases over 3 days or something, with restrictions brought in at a lower level. We're a long way from that.

We shall see

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Lockdown requires significant on island spread, it's in their own published plan on the website. Can't remember the exact figures but its like 60 cases over 3 days or something, with restrictions brought in at a lower level. We're a long way from that.

There needs to be 20+ cases over a 3 day average for lockdown as per the government. I know they're not the best with figures but still...

2 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

There needs to be 20+ cases over a 3 day average for lockdown as per the government. I know they're not the best with figures but still...

next time I'm bored enough I'll read it again, i sort of remember there being a step at 11 cases over that timeline.

4 minutes ago, piebaps said:

According to that for 'lockdown':

21+ Rolling 7 day average number of cases

• Local transmission present.

• Number of new cases is doubling rapidly.

• Likely to overwhelm health & care services.

• Likely to overwhelm testing & contact tracing.

It's not clear whether the average of 21+ new infections has to reached for only one day or if a longer period is needed, but it's worth pointing out that that level was never reached in the Spring.  The highest was 15 on 12 & 13 April[1].  The plan seems to be summarised as "You know what we did that worked before?  Well we won't do that!"

[1]  The 3-day average did hit 22 on 11 April - I also have the feeling that there has been a switch to a 7- from a 3-day average since the plan was initially published.

21 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

According to that for 'lockdown':

21+ Rolling 7 day average number of cases

• Local transmission present.

• Number of new cases is doubling rapidly.

• Likely to overwhelm health & care services.

• Likely to overwhelm testing & contact tracing.

It's not clear whether the average of 21+ new infections has to reached for only one day or if a longer period is needed, but it's worth pointing out that that level was never reached in the Spring.  The highest was 15 on 12 & 13 April[1].  The plan seems to be summarised as "You know what we did that worked before?  Well we won't do that!"

[1]  The 3-day average did hit 22 on 11 April - I also have the feeling that there has been a switch to a 7- from a 3-day average since the plan was initially published.

As I said...a partial lockdown plus restrictions and Covid procedures

28 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I also have the feeling that there has been a switch to a 7- from a 3-day average since the plan was initially published.

Yeah I do too. It's not the same one, theres some other changes as well. I thought I had the original saved as a pdf but can't seem to find it.