IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

44 minutes ago, Banker said:

And you forgot to mention their success in low infections whilst still allowing families & friends to visit and a proper exit plan for when infections reduce!

Success can only be claimed when this whole thing is over. Right now there is no way to plan for a viable exit. Until things improve elsewhere, we may as well sit tight. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, quilp said:

This is the 'offending' article. You can hear Quayle's response to Moulton supposedly interrupting Ashford's blurb. Just who does he think he is? The self-entitled temerity of the man shows what sort of politician he isn't. 

To be fair to them, that wasn't the worst press conference given today...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Banker said:

It's bad enough that we have to put up with crap from Quayle, Ashford et al, without no-mark local commissioners, like this stupid woman, jumping on the bandwagon, and encouraging the lynch-mob culture that has now engulfed the Island. 

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:
4 hours ago, Cambon said:

You have been bleating about how fantastic jersey is doing for months.  I said it will end badly. Are you back pedalling? 

Think I mentioned all Channel Islands ! strange how you ignore Guernsey who have less cases whilst allowing families to visit, have a proper exit plan and testing on arrival.

@Banker and @Cambon you sound like couple arguing at supermarket. So binary, here I just modify calibration according to events, latest one is all students returning, so I try to accurately reflect that in model for our household bubble and adapt behavior accordingly. If get past this (higher risk) period then sure state will review global risk level we are all exposed to vis-a-vie border policy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Most of us wouldn't know, but we'll take your word for it!

(Actually all she's saying is that the government have finally got their act together on checking up on people in isolation - something many of us, including I think you, were complaining about earlier in the year).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cambon said:

You have been bleating about how fantastic jersey is doing for months.  I said it will end badly. Are you back pedalling? 

Not so fantastic in Jersey, is the situation getting worse and could we see this happening here...

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2020/11/19/1000-fines-for-failure-to-wear-face-coverings/

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Guernsey Islanders being kept in the dark? Surely that sort of thing can't happen, right? No democratic government would keep their population from getting the full story, would they? 

Oh No...!!! It's a secrecy pandemic. We've caught it from them. 😱

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cambon said:

Success can only be claimed when this whole thing is over. Right now there is no way to plan for a viable exit. Until things improve elsewhere, we may as well sit tight. 

Absolute cop out Cambon. There is no reason we shouldn't be planning for a number of scenarios, it's what any sensible organisation does, public or private.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1