IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Am I losing it?  Top right corner - isn't that a reflection of a man with no shirt on?

I’d say white shirt and a gilet/waistcoat on, trickery of bright lights and reflection. As far as I’m aware M&S haven’t started doing butler in the buff, I’m sure that would make its own headlines.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Am I losing it?  Top right corner - isn't that a reflection of a man with no shirt on?

Next, you will be seeing JC's face in your toast!  Agree there is a figure in the reflection, but how fully he is attired is hard to tell with the windows above IOM Bank absorbing some of the reflection.  An educated guess is that he is clothed. 

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2020 at 3:27 AM, John Wright said:

The refusal or neglect to provide paid for testing is crazy. I’m booked to travel at Christmas. Booked a year ago. Not sure if I’ll go. Much will depend on how Covid pans out. If I go I’m staying in a place that’s had 1 case in 9 months. So safer than IOM.

My destination now requires an undetectable PCR Covid test taken and processed within 72 hours before arrival. Forget the arguments about efficacy, it just does, at least if you arrive by air or sea ( but not if you drive over the land border).

It doesn’t allow for the quick tests and self administered courier delivered tests are risky from two weaknesses, time, and the ability to sample correctly to get a viable sample.

I’ve  looked at breaking my journey to get tested. Two tests, en route, £298, yes, £149 each.

The private wing at Nobles is now up and running for consultations, day procedures next and up to 3 day stays by December ( without a private operator ). An enterprising DHSC could offer the service, or a private Dr/Nurse if the DHSC would make their testing equipment available.

The 7 day test was costed at £50 to cover time, wages ( nurse and path lab staff ) and consumables ( sterile swab, sealable sterile sample tube, reagents and PPE). So, let’s say £100-£125. There’s plenty of capacity. There’s scope to allow profit for DHSC, private contractor, and @rachomics supplying reagents. In fact, these private test profits could subsidise, or fully cover, 7 day testing for returning patient transfers. Even day 1 testing as well. Especially as recent cases have been returning PT related and they have extra vulnerability, two have ended in hospital. Would help protect.

See Gatwick are launching testing if anyone traveling.

Gatwick to launch airport testing for passengers and staff

image.gif.e7b009fb26dc9ecc7c22c54b5b2b7396.gif
ReutersCopyright: Reuters

The travel industry has been particularly hard-hit by the coronavirus pandemic - with airport testing hailed by some as a solution to make air travel safer.

Well now London Gatwick Airport, south of the UK capital, says it will make Covid-19 screening available before departure and after arrival for passengers, staff and local residents.

It says results will be available the next day and that the scheme will satisfy any future changes to the UK's quarantine policy.

Currently, arrivals from many countries must quarantine for 14 days - but reports today say ministers are considering a so-called "test and release" policy allowing people to leave quarantine after a negative test result.

From 30 November, Gatwick passengers and staff will pay £60 for a test, with the general public charged £99.

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

See Gatwick are launching testing if anyone traveling.

Gatwick to launch airport testing for passengers and staff

image.gif.e7b009fb26dc9ecc7c22c54b5b2b7396.gif
ReutersCopyright: Reuters

The travel industry has been particularly hard-hit by the coronavirus pandemic - with airport testing hailed by some as a solution to make air travel safer.

Well now London Gatwick Airport, south of the UK capital, says it will make Covid-19 screening available before departure and after arrival for passengers, staff and local residents.

It says results will be available the next day and that the scheme will satisfy any future changes to the UK's quarantine policy.

Currently, arrivals from many countries must quarantine for 14 days - but reports today say ministers are considering a so-called "test and release" policy allowing people to leave quarantine after a negative test result.

From 30 November, Gatwick passengers and staff will pay £60 for a test, with the general public charged £99.

The problem is we have a Government who are hell bent it seems on a policy of Covid eradication.

As long as the virus exists nobody is going anywhere or coming here without isolating for 14 days.

Ashford wouldn't even tell us yesterday who would be the initial recipients of the vaccine, what is our first delivery dosage & how is this going to affect travel plans.

The world and their wives are testing - we are sitting on our hands until the election in November.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The problem is we have a Government who are hell bent it seems on a policy of Covid eradication.

As long as the virus exists nobody is going anywhere or coming here without isolating for 14 days.

Its a great plan and I fully support it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/13/2020 at 12:19 AM, Apple said:

Aren't clinicians expected or required to advise on the percentages of risk to the patient down to a set figure ?

Comes under 'failure to advice', where have threshold as ever of 'standard expected of a competent medical professional'. In UK that would mean BMA/NICE or similar guidelines. Which reminds me BMA/NICE require PPE used in all clinic settings were social distancing cannot be maintained which as far as I know is not happening even for high-risk groups at Nobles.

Edited by BenFairfax
Font

8 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Its better than the MF oft proposed alternative which seems to be (if you excuse my paraphrasing).

Wah wah wah wah Guernsey.

Bleat bleat bleat bleat Jersey.

Blubber blubber blubber blubber Howie and Ashy.

It's better for you maybe but there are plenty it's not so good for.

A good Government will find the middle ground that enables the situation to work for everybody.

• Thanks 2