IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Do you mean those who can pay, should pay?  Or those who can pay after those who are vulneranbe and cannot pay should get it?

Surely, if you do not want to wait for the potentially free jab that seems to have appeared for over 50s and do not qualify for the free option for vulnerable people you can just pay. They must know how roughly how many under 65s qualify for free jabs and normally take it up so will have ordered sufficient for that

Edited by ellanvannin2010

5 hours ago, Banker said:

Another 2 cases, Facebook karens & some on here will be in meltdown 😂

Well if the official press release is to be believed:

Two new cases of COVID-19 have been detected in the Isle of Man. It brings the number of active cases on the Island to 11.

Both individuals were already self-isolating for 14 days, having recently travelled to the Island.

Contact tracing has been completed.

(yes that's all of it) it shouldn't be that worrying.  The trouble is what you can believe.  There was a rather worrying note at the end of a report on a jury trial that ended today:

The jury had been reduced to six after one member last night went into self-isolation when a member of their household tested positive for Covid.

This can't be from the cases announced today, so it must be from the two that Quayle announced yesterday:

Since I last spoke to you a week ago, we have identified three new cases of COVID-19.

The first of these I announced on Tuesday and the most recent two were identified late yesterday evening.

All three cases are close contacts of people who tested positive for the virus last week and so are part of the existing cluster.

As these individuals were, last week, identified as being at a high risk of contracting the virus through contact tracing, they were already self-isolating for fourteen days.

All three people became symptomatic in recent days during their isolation and contacted the COVID 111 service to request a test.

So it looks like they let the juror go into the trial on Thursday, even though they knew there was someone else in the household who had a symptomatic case of Covid.

Edited by Roger Mexico

2 hours ago, NoTail said:

I think I we get another 4 or 5 cases next week then we can assume its in the community now. If that were to happen the Government response will be very interesting to watch. I still think we could do better tracing.

Not necessarily.  The important thing is how those cases have occurred.  If they are people who have come from the UK and genuinely self-isolated, then it's fine and exactly what you would expect given the high numbers there.  In some ways it should be higher, because we should be testing during isolation and that would pick up the cases that are asymptomatic.

The real problem is whether there is in-community spread (or the potential for it) and how the government deals with the odd case when it arises.  This needs swift, strong action and complete honesty about what has happened and what is known (including, indeed especially, the willingness to say "We don't know yet").  Judging by what we can work out by reading between the lines (as I did in my previous comment) I'm not sure we will get much of any of that.

9 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Not necessarily.  The important thing is how those cases have occurred.  If they are people who have come from the UK and genuinely self-isolated, then it's fine and exactly what you would expect given the high numbers there.  In some ways it should be higher, because we should be testing during isolation and that would pick up the cases that are asymptomatic.

The real problem is whether there is in-community spread (or the potential for it) and how the government deals with the odd case when it arises.  This needs swift, strong action and complete honesty about what has happened and what is known (including, indeed especially, the willingness to say "We don't know yet").  Judging by what we can work out by reading between the lines (as I did in my previous comment) I'm not sure we will get much of any of that.

Most cases in the community will be over and done with without anyone knowing. It's the season of colds, sniffles and flu so without testing the whole island, which is unnecessary, and without people burdening the health service just to find out which strand of the coronavirus family is responsible for their cough, we could get through the winter without too much of a fuss. 

• Like 2