IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Maybe I should do the PhD version. I'm sure you're all dying to know the significance of a GC clamp, the 3'->5' exonuclease activity of high fidelity Taq polymerase and minor groove binding probes to the accuracy of our COVID-19 test :blink::lol:

No. 👍

21 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It’s funny. We know all the stuff that goes on with Trump and his methods  and how wildly unbelievable it all is but really, we are a microcosm of that.

Trump sacks people he doesn’t agree with or who tells the truth, here we just make their working life so uncomfortable that they resign, or we do deals with media outlets that secures their continued employment so long as no further questions are asked, or we buy the best enquirers off by making them an offer they can’t understand.

On a smaller scale for sure, but it has its similarities, and it stinks. 

You may not be wrong. ( from a Gov. supporter )

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

Maybe I should do the PhD version. I'm sure you're all dying to know the significance of a GC clamp, the 3'->5' exonuclease activity of high fidelity Taq polymerase and minor groove binding probes to the accuracy of our COVID-19 test :blink::lol:

Yes please. 

2 hours ago, rachomics said:

Come on, tell the truth, you lifted that from a Star Trek Next Generation script 😃

Edited by Boris Johnson

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

Actually having watched it all now, I think it's pitched just right and explains a lot of the issues very well.  For example I liked the way you showed the graph of viral load against time - and then just as they were thinking "Test everyone at 8 days" displayed the messiness of the underlying data and how it wouldn't catch some cases.

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

So if you pretend really hard it isn't here it will go away because you are a terribly important person?  Are you sure your name's not Howard?

This dangerous magical thinking again.  If Covid does get out into the community we will find out it pretty quickly and refusing to test till every hospital bed is full isn't going to make it vanish.  It's possible that you will get the odd case that gets passed on to no one, but given the lack of measures to restrict spread in place on the Island, not only is wide  transmission possible, it's very likely. 

And when more and more people get Covid-like symptoms they will want to be tested.  Testing the whole Island would indeed be pointless, but testing those with symptoms is happening already and we should be testing close contacts more (and repeatedly).

It's not about pretending it isn't here it is about acknowledging it is but keeping it in perspective.  

Until such a time as it overwhelm's our health service we shouldn't make any knee jerk reactions. Keep it sensible, deal with cases as we are doing and don't whip up the illiterate's by going out of our way to find more cases or publicising the ones we do have. 

Nature will find a way of doing what it does, we need to work with it not carpet bomb the economy like they are doing across and destroy businesses, livelihoods and lives in the process.

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Lxxx said:

It's not about pretending it isn't here it is about acknowledging it is but keeping it in perspective.  

Until such a time as it overwhelm's our health service we shouldn't make any knee jerk reactions. Keep it sensible, deal with cases as we are doing and don't whip up the illiterate's by going out of our way to find more cases or publicising the ones we do have. 

Nature will find a way of doing what it does, we need to work with it not carpet bomb the economy like they are doing across and destroy businesses, livelihoods and lives in the process.

Can we remind ourselves what  the Strategy was? 

Then we can see if what the island is doing is actually meeting it. 

4 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Can we remind ourselves what  the Strategy was? 

Then we can see if what the island is doing is actually meeting it. 

Errrr...Is there a strategy, other than stick our fingers in our ears and hide under the bed until the nasty disease goes away? I think the strategy as discussed by Dr Allinson, was eradication of COVID 19. Well, if that doesn’t work, what then?

6 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

I think the strategy as discussed by Dr Allinson, was eradication of COVID 19. Well, if that doesn’t work, what then?

Have you a source link for that please.

1 hour ago, Itsmeee said:

Errrr...Is there a strategy, other than stick our fingers in our ears and hide under the bed until the nasty disease goes away? I think the strategy as discussed by Dr Allinson, was eradication of COVID 19. Well, if that doesn’t work, what then?

Shut his mouth and go back to medical work?