IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

35 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And in this infection there's also the fact that we know those not showing any symptoms can infect others - even if they never go on to show any later.  The number of completely asymptomatic people may be lower than has been thought - latest estimates are about 20% - but they can still give it to others.

Furthermore, this is completely false. You have read it on a communist newspaper... It is actually the other way around, 80-90% of people do not have recognisable symptoms.

Unless, you count as symptoms those of the commonest type of cold. When I had Covid, my main symptom was a bloody bleeding nose; at my middle age.

9 minutes ago, Escape Artist said:

Roger Mexico: I presume you are a filthy ball of fat; as most of those who want the restrictions are. If you were not the filthy ball of fat you are, you would understand and feel actually what kind of torture can be to be deprived of physical exercise.

It does not make a practical difference to me. When I was back in the island, during those 14 days, I went running on my own in the depth of the night with no problem or risk of being prosecuted. I belong to the social-economic strata that are exempt from prosecution under Covid.

Oh dear, so excercising in the garden or in the house for fourteen days is impossible then...have you not heard of lifting bags of sugar, running on the spot, rowing machines, running up and down the stairs etc etc

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

Oh dear, so excercising in the garden or in the house for fourteen days is impossible then...have you not heard of lifting bags of sugar, running on the spot, rowing machines, running up and down the stairs etc etc

Not everybody has a garden. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

They do need to seriously police these 'returnees'. Especially those arriving weeks commencing Mon 6th and 13th in the build up to xmas.

Two infected people out and about in those weeks could cause carnage and a lockdown in January...ironically when the vaccine starts rolling out.

I can see that lockdown needing to happen all down to complacency.

There's a £multi-million economy at at stake here Jan to March.

'Carnage'? Can we just have a reality check for a moment please.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I suspect what has happened here is the usual.  Someone recently described Boris Johnson as a cushion which always bore the marks of whoever had sat on him last, and his Mini-Me is the same.  Some mate no doubt complained about not being able to get out for a bit a fresh air when isolating, and they ended up making the system unenforceable because they didn't think things through.

I agree with you about this being a mistake and making it now unenforceable but I strongly suspect that the real reason it has been changed is because they have cottoned on to the fact that compulsory isolation of whole householders will cause serious issues for anyone unable to exercise their dogs who doesn't have a decent sized garden.

13 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's worth saying that they have made things more difficult for themselves by introducing the exercise hour for those isolating.  At first it looks reasonable - according to Quayle's statement[1]:

All that does is highlight how daft it was not allowing the original returnees an hour of exercise.

12 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

They do need to seriously police these 'returnees'. Especially those arriving weeks commencing Mon 6th and 13th in the build up to xmas.

Police people in their own homes or going about their lawful business?

8 minutes ago, Declan said:

All that does is highlight how daft it was not allowing the original returnees an hour of exercise.

Police people in their own homes or going about their lawful business?

Not sure how anyone can police the hours exercise policy , how could anyone possibly know how long someone has been out walking other than electronic tags which even Howie with his controlling attitude wouldn’t allow 

19 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not sure how anyone can police the hours exercise policy , how could anyone possibly know how long someone has been out walking other than electronic tags which even Howie with his controlling attitude wouldn’t allow 

There will be plenty of people watching their neighbours. 

• Haha 1

Does anyone know the science behind the vaccine preventing not only developing the disease, but also transmitting it? 

There seem to be quite a few people unwilling to have the vaccine over safety fears, but if it prevents transmission then that is quite an advantage to factor into the risk.  Admittedly, not for the individual but in a public health argument.