IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Not sure if this was already posted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55052381

Reduced isolation in England with paid for 5 day test. Oh @Banker pipped me there!

Would be really useful to see what science they're basing this model on and whether it's something Howard and Ashford might consider.

You would hope they are looking at some form of testing to get island open again but testing & plans seems a banned subject for our leaders 

14 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Not sure if this was already posted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55052381

Reduced isolation in England with paid for 5 day test. Oh @Banker pipped me there!

Would be really useful to see what science they're basing this model on and whether it's something Howard and Ashford might consider.

Like most of what the UK Government comes up with, it will be based on the scientific principle that the virus will do whatever suits the Tories and their mates.  Of course it won't, but all the disasters will be ignored by their media chums or blamed on people it has nothing to do with.

Though of course we're in a rather different situation in the UK where nearly everyone arriving will actually be from a country with a lower rate of infection than the UK has.  Most of their quarantine restrictions are just tit-for-tat responses to someone doing it to them.  Here it actually makes a difference.

Given that the proposals are a laxer version of the 7-day test they've only recently got rid of, I doubt even the Dynamic Duo would be daft enough to try it on.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Like most of what the UK Government comes up with, it will be based on the scientific principle that the virus will do whatever suits the Tories and their mates.  Of course it won't, but all the disasters will be ignored by their media chums or blamed on people it has nothing to do with.

Though of course we're in a rather different situation in the UK where nearly everyone arriving will actually be from a country with a lower rate of infection than the UK has.  Most of their quarantine restrictions are just tit-for-tat responses to someone doing it to them.  Here it actually makes a difference.

Given that the proposals are a laxer version of the 7-day test they've only recently got rid of, I doubt even the Dynamic Duo would be daft enough to try it on.

Not sure if that’s correct about uk arrivals as countries like Spain, France , Italy & others all have higher rates than uk which does seem to be falling particularly in Liverpool area

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Not sure if that’s correct about uk arrivals as countries like Spain, France , Italy & others all have higher rates than uk which does seem to be falling particularly in Liverpool area

I'd be worried about catching much worse from a scouser than COVID.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Banker said:

We need to at least allow families to visit as it’s getting ridiculous now that we are banning people who were born here , lived here for 20+ years and because they’re working away for 9 months they can’t visit families!!

Nobody is listening.....if they wouldn’t allow families to visit when Uk levels were lower why would they now? How does living here for 20 years make you less a risk?

3 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Nobody is listening.....if they wouldn’t allow families to visit when Uk levels were lower why would they now? How does living here for 20 years make you less a risk?

Where’s the risk if anyone who visits is quarantined anyway?

There should be some allowances at Xmas as every other civilized country is doing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Major Rushen said:

It’s the most heartless policy going though and it’s resulting in a lot of people deciding to move back to the UK fir family reasons. Teachers particularly i here won’t entertain coming across to work as it means no family visits. Guernsey managed to keep everything under control and allowed people born there or who had families there to visit. This government seems to have no strategy at all. If it’s not locking things down or stopping people from doing stuff then it hasn’t really got a clue. 

• Like 1

Excuse me, but I wish to object to all you people who are whinging about not seeing family.

I appreciate that most people won't be like me, but I am over the fucking moon I don't have to see my family. Likewise that they can't come and see me. The feelings are probably mutual.

Oh, and my office hasn't been tidied since before lockdown. If anyone wants to call in I just tell them to go on Skype or that fucking Zoom. If they ring the front door bell I just tell them I'm self-isolating. And I don't like lying to the Mormons or is it Jehova's, I forget which, but there you go. It works a treat anyway.

Edited by Barlow