IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The debate now seems to be revolving about who to vaccinate first.

Spain are favouring injecting the younger ‘super spreader’ generation whilst other countries targeting the elderly.

That was my first thought, but with the uncertainty around the vaccine preventing spread as opposed to disease it makes sense to target the vulnerable (to both the disease and to getting it - so old folk and care staff) first.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kopek said:

No quickies with the wife who then passes it it on to her work colleagues and beyond..........

Who would be that unscrupulous to ask another posters wife to take a risk like that....Is she pretty?:flowers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

The debate now seems to be revolving about who to vaccinate first.

Spain are favouring injecting the younger ‘super spreader’ generation whilst other countries targeting the elderly.

No Spain are same as most countries, there has been a study in Spain saying those with most interactions eg teachers, supermarket cashiers should be first but Spanish PM announced 

Medical professionals and seniors – in particular those in care homes – will be among the first, along with the chronically ill and high-risk individuals due to previous conditions.

24 minutes ago, Banker said:

No Spain are same as most countries, there has been a study in Spain saying those with most interactions eg teachers, supermarket cashiers should be first but Spanish PM announced 

Medical professionals and seniors – in particular those in care homes – will be among the first, along with the chronically ill and high-risk individuals due to previous conditions.

It's all about what the vaccine actually does though.  If it stops people catching the virus or stops them passing it on to others, then those with lots of contacts would be the priority.  But if it just prevents the disease being serious, then those most likely to be hit badly by it should get it first.  At the moment the second situation seems to be most likely with the current ones, so that's why the policy will have changed.

5 hours ago, wrighty said:

That was my first thought, but with the uncertainty around the vaccine preventing spread as opposed to disease it makes sense to target the vulnerable (to both the disease and to getting it - so old folk and care staff) first.

This is being distributed to those of us who have/had blood cancer.

It also explains how they each work, why the fast testing is ok, and the order in which the vaccine will be rolled out, and why.

of course it’s written to provide some comfort and reassurance to its target audience, people who have or had leukaemias or  lymphomas, it is well written and intelligible.

https://bloodcancer.org.uk/news/coronavirus-vaccine-what-you-need-know/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Coronavirus&utm_term=Vaccine+blog&utm_content=25+Nov&fbclid=IwAR1h4AO2g9A9kmeqnFX5UTd_WdhInj0WufcXgg50fH1hphuYi5JqWbIWorQ

Leaders across the world have repeatedly said that any Covid vaccine will not be mandatory. Just google on this topic, and plenty of likewise statements turns out from many different countries. See for instance these two regarding Scotland and Wales:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55035521

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54254371

Or this one regarding Israel (a country with strict lockdown policies):

https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-minister-said-to-mull-law-making-coronavirus-vaccination-compulsory

Thus, I am surprised that some posters on this forum almost give for granted that there will be some type of mandatory requirement. See my previous few posting on the problem with having mandatory Covid vaccination.

Of course, it is very possible that politics will get into it. Mark my words, if such compulsion does happen, it is something that it is going to be deeply regretted later on.

8 minutes ago, Black Mirror said:

Thus, I am surprised that some posters on this forum almost give for granted that there will be some type of mandatory requirement. See my previous few posting on the problem with having mandatory Covid vaccination.

Of course, it is very possible that politics will get into it. Mark my words, if such compulsion does happen, it is something that it is going to be deeply regretted later on.

I doubt it will be compulsory. But I suspect that that health passports will be a de facto requirement enforced by employers, private companies and organisations because their staff, customers and shareholders demand it. For example, to fly, land in another country, go to a supermarket, the cinema, university, place of employment etc.

The new narrative amongst anti-vaxxers will be that these things have not been adequately tested - missing the point that the intensity and focus on testing has effectively accelerated that process by concentrating additional resources and man-hours. Because very much more money has been put into this.

Edited by pongo