IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Classic example. Sports Direct offered 50% off everything today to blue light card holders. I have a close family member who is working a “ long day” today and may not be able to take advantage of what is a generous offer. However staff in care homes and are learning disabled homes are able to take advantage of it. How does that work out.?

Given that everything in Sports Direct is normally marked 70% OFF, 80% OFF or 90% OFF, I would have thought giving them only 50% was a complete rip-off.  And so completely on brand for Mike Ashley.

But haven't you realised yet that it's the care home staff that have actually had most of the pressure in this crisis?  That they are the ones who have been coping with the deaths and the most vulnerable patients?  That they, rather than hospital staff, have been the ones that have been dying in excess numbers in the UK and who are far worse paid?

11 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Shoprite et all workers were the true mine canaries. Probably a good thing none of them will ever realise it. No pension, no round of applause, no blue light card for 20% off. 

Do you mean the ones that did not know the difference between 2 mtrs and 2 ft.?. If ever there is a second spike, it is the store workers who need to be enlightened by their unenlightened managers. I can’t help feeling sorry for them. They were not any sort of hero, but we’re so  abused by the store owners. Profit before staff is a sick way for business to progress.

Nurses knew the  risks involved, yet knew that it was their duty to get stuck in and carry on. Nothing should ever reduce that dedication and all those saying didn’t Julie do well selling me a pasty should take a step back and think again

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Given that everything in Sports Direct is normally marked 70% OFF, 80% OFF or 90% OFF, I would have thought giving them only 50% was a complete rip-off.  And so completely on brand for Mike Ashley.

But haven't you realised yet that it's the care home staff that have actually had most of the pressure in this crisis?  That they are the ones who have been coping with the deaths and the most vulnerable patients?  That they, rather than hospital staff, have been the ones that have been dying in excess numbers in the UK and who are far worse paid?

No, no and no. You are not on this planet are you ? Have you any idea what hospital staff do.? What a idiotic comment to make.

Your head is well and truly.up your arse. Why have such a good brain and post such stupid things like that.?

Can you please explain the pressure that care home staff have had to endure, compared to actual nurses attending real Covid cases on ventilators. 
You really are some some sort of nerd married to your computer. Sad man.

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

I'd say care home staff will have been under serious pressure, seeing as if one of them got the virus and went to work it could wipe out most of their residents. That's got to be a pretty hefty weight to carry around.

So different to hospitals workers then?

Some completely innocent posters on here, who should thank their lucky stars, that should they ever need medical care, that there is a big hospital and many skilled staff on hand to keep you alive. Please don’t go to a care home for ITU help.

49 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Most nhs staff must know when they sign up that a global pandemic could happen in their lifetime. I found all the clapping a bit over the top. I did get myself a blue light card though, dont mind piggybacking on the deals they can get as a result. 

But you didn’t actually get a card did you . ? Tesco club cards don’t count

27 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Do you mean the ones that did not know the difference between 2 mtrs and 2 ft.?. If ever there is a second spike, it is the store workers who need to be enlightened by their unenlightened managers. I can’t help feeling sorry for them. They were not any sort of hero, but we’re so  abused by the store owners. Profit before staff is a sick way for business to progress.

Nurses knew the  risks involved, yet knew that it was their duty to get stuck in and carry on. Nothing should ever reduce that dedication and all those saying didn’t Julie do well selling me a pasty should take a step back and think again

That seems a little over dramatic. 

There were barely 350 cases.  In a population of 85000.  None of the shop staff were at huge risk.  Minimal risk really.  Most of them young too so more than able to cope with Covid 19 if they caught it.

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That seems a little over dramatic. 

There were barely 350 cases.  In a population of 85000.  None of the shop staff were at huge risk.  Minimal risk really.  Most of them young too so more than able to cope with Covid 19 if they caught it.

Not really. Staff at the tills had customers breathing on them at close quarters for their whole shift. They had no option but to carry on regardless. 

Well you're imagining things. 

There is a difference between working on a covid ward, where people already have the disease, and working in a care home stacked with vulnerable people. Just think how you'd feel if you were the person who inadvertently introduced the virus into Abbotswood. Or you were working in a different one fully aware of what happened there. There's no doubt that is a hefty responsibility. 

Both sets of staff will have been under serious pressure of course. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Well you're imagining things. 

There is a difference between working on a covid ward, where people already have the disease, and working in a care home stacked with vulnerable people. Just think how you'd feel if you were the person who inadvertently introduced the virus into Abbotswood. Or you were working in a different one fully aware of what happened there. There's no doubt that is a hefty responsibility. 

Both sets of staff will have been under serious pressure of course. 

No comparison at all. Get real teapot. Think about the people you are talking about. Unless of course you work in a care home !