IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

36 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

We're fucked, the UK is fucked and the rest of the world is fucked. No one has a clue about what to do, even if vaccines are rolled out they'll take a year (according to Anne 'she who doesn't say much' Corlett).

The rest of the world isn't fucked at all.

Having just returned from the middle and far east everyone is making plans to find their niche in a new world. The west is stuck in a state of paralysis while everyone east of Cyprus is powering on. The island needs to start working out where it wants to sit from here on in. There are more attractive tax-friendly jurisdictions out there now which are a lot closer to the action.

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

The rest of the world isn't fucked at all.

Having just returned from the middle and far east everyone is making plans to find their niche in a new world. The west is stuck in a state of paralysis while everyone east of Cyprus is powering on. The island needs to start working out where it wants to sit from here on in. There are more attractive tax-friendly jurisdictions out there now which are a lot closer to the action.

Well I'm glad to hear some optimism because if one just focusses on the IoM it wouod seem we are made to be hermits until fuck knows when and if you go further afield to the UK, well, that looks like a complere basket case. Is the runway at Ronaldsway long enough so that we can fuck the UK right off and have planes go to fairly far away places that have got their shit together direct and back again?

35 minutes ago, Nellie said:

She handled things very badly, while standing in for Ashford in HoK today. She definitely gave the impression that the DHSC don't have a clue when the vaccine will be delivered, how, where, and to whom they will give it, and how long it will all take.

I'd like to think that the DHSC do have a more robust plan, but she gave zero confidence.

It’s the same plan we have for borders, do nothing and see what everyone else does and then do nothing!!

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

You serious? It's in the community here but no one is ill? You must be nuts. So we have no restrictions. It's open season for spread of the virus. But no one is ill. No one is ringing 111 but you reckon it's out there. That just doesn't add up. Believe me, when it hits the community, we will know about it. Just like we did in April. 

So answer the bit in my post about guernsey.  It was proven to be in the community and no one had a clue and no one got ill.

Or are you saying that wasn’t the case?

8 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Nothing. It's 20 in 100000. That was the trigger point to go to the next level 9f the borders framework.  Not that it's a quantum leap.

So whilst everyone else is looking at 100 :100k to ease restrictions, Howie aims for something totally unrealistic 

On 11/12/2020 at 10:26 PM, BenFairfax said:

As mentioned before when wave gets to London Jersey going to get a shock.

Jersey today reports 42 cases, bring today to 278 active cases with 7 in hospital. As I suggested Jersey policy was heading this way and just glad our community had sense to hold the line. Which will see us having less economic damage, greater freedoms, and better health outcomes.... That's just my 2 cents, and where have all Jersey fans gone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

Jersey today reports 42 cases, bring today to 278 active cases with 7 in hospital. As I suggested Jersey policy was heading this way and just glad our community had sense to hold the line. Which will see us having less economic damage, greater freedoms, and better health outcomes.... That's just my 2 cents, and where have all Jersey fans gone?

Still here!

• Like 1