IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It is delusional if you think world travel will be stopped until there are zero cases worldwide. 

The borders will of course need to open before that happens, and we will deal with any cases as they occur without a full lockdown. Covid is no longer a brand new virus and is better understood than a few months ago, in the meantime we need a month or two of normality to settle people back into work and education, and for businesses to get back on their feet. The last thing we need at the moment is to scare the sheeple with new cases.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I'm sure all this started with one single case somewhere

Indeed, but back then, it was never going to happen to us. We're now more prepared.

Need to Open up the White Hoe though.

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

then when they drop to zero and stay that way for three weeks, open up the borders dumbass

You're a complete dumbass if you think that's going to happen, Howie & co are already under pressure from businesses to get borders open. The IOM will be even more stuffed if they keep borders shut after mid July.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Golfer said:

You're a complete dumbass if you think that's going to happen, Howie & co are already under pressure from businesses to get borders open. The IOM will be even more stuffed if they keep borders shut after mid July.

Idiot

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

You'll have to dumb that down for TDDB and school stalker golfer

If anyone disagrees with you they become an idiot, if you're scared of borders reopening you can stay inside for a few months after. It's not all about old duffers like you living in ivory towers, there are a lot of locals struggling and we need borders open to generate some business for IOM particularly in the hospitality sector.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Its demonstrative of the danger is all. The specifics of the case don't matter.

No the specifics of the matter do matter very much. Two people. They infected nobody. They were found, traced and tracked and infected nobody else. It’s really pissing me off how all of this irrelevant stuff is being used as an excuse to shut down the world indefinitely until we all inevitably die of poverty and starvation anyway because everything has completely imploded. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

No the specifics of the matter do matter very much. Two people. They infected nobody. They were found, traced and tracked and infected nobody else. It’s really pissing me off how all of this irrelevant stuff is being used as an excuse to shut down the world indefinitely until we all inevitably die of poverty and starvation anyway because everything has completely imploded. 

Poor you. You are clearly a very confused, inconsistent, hypocritical angry little man. 

I nearly feel sorry for you.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

I welcome people picking holes in my rubbish arguments. But you haven't, you've just launched into one of your typical rants. 

And I love being childish thanks. 

I haven’t ranted about anything clearly. I just pointed out to you that your apparent desire to see the world closed down because of irrational paranoia about Covid and second waves is completely misguided. Those women were tracked and traced and infected nobody else so presented almost zero risk to the residents of New Zealand. It’s not reason enough to continue travel restrictions for months and months and kill the economy stone dead.