IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

No the specifics of the matter do matter very much. Two people. They infected nobody. They were found, traced and tracked and infected nobody else. It’s really pissing me off how all of this irrelevant stuff is being used as an excuse to shut down the world indefinitely until we all inevitably die of poverty and starvation anyway because everything has completely imploded. 

Specifics do matter, but you seem to have ignored them.  These people didn't (hopefully) infect anyone because of the very strong restrictions that were placed on their behaviour.  You're now saying that somehow proves those restrictions should go.  That doesn't make sense.

• Like 3

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

Specifics do matter, but you seem to have ignored them.  These people didn't (hopefully) infect anyone because of the very strong restrictions that were placed on their behaviour.  You're now saying that somehow proves those restrictions should go.  That doesn't make sense.

No I didn’t say that you said that. 

17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I don't think that is what he is saying at all.

He isn't discussing the restrictions per se. He is saying that what is effectively a minor issue (which it is) will no doubt be blown up into "we need to lock down again" type frenzy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I'd ignore Neil Downs.  He was banned from iom today for being a tool.  Has nothing to add other than an IQ of 14.

Good job you’re not a detective. I’m not banned at all.

3 hours ago, Golfer said:

If anyone disagrees with you they become an idiot, if you're scared of borders reopening you can stay inside for a few months after. It's not all about old duffers like you living in ivory towers, there are a lot of locals struggling and we need borders open to generate some business for IOM particularly in the hospitality sector.

Shows what an intellectual midget you are. Nobody said I was scared of opening the borders. At the moment it is too soon. Which locals are struggling? Businesses are open. Pubs are open. Outside of the TT/MGP there is no tourists industry to speak of. So once again, who is struggling?

59 minutes ago, piebaps said:

They traveled on an aircraft from Doha to Brisbane and then Brisbane to Auckland. Lord knows how many people they came into contact with.

Again, you‘ ll have to dumb this down for golfer and dog’s bollocks. 

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I welcome people picking holes in my rubbish arguments. But you haven't, you've just launched into one of your typical rants. 

And I love being childish thanks. 

A six year old could pick holes in most of your arguments

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

4 posts in a row in this thread Neil Down, and in every one of them you are being a bit of a tit. It's impressive stuff.

Not really, there are times when you fuckwits need putting back in your boxes