IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

Just look at the mess Jersey has got into before suggesting we should let anybody and everybody come in.

No one said anything like that.

Do you think there is a discernible additional risk by going from 4 to 3B?  Would love to know what that’s based on if you do.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 1:14 PM, Andy Onchan said:

Roger  - I'm surprised that you're surprised! This is IOMG we're discussing here.

No, no - don't tell me they know stuff and then don't answer the questions and put it in the public domain. I mean, that would mean that it is all theatre and the questions and supplementaries are all rehearsed and worked out beforehand so they can keep information to themselves.

Surely our lot wouldn't do that, or would they? Quayle promised openness and transparency. 

I know returning residents are now allowed to exercise for one hour a day following Howies announcement recently.

however I can’t find the regulations anywhere, do they have to wear face masks when out on exercise? I haven’t seen anyone out walking in a mask so maybe they don’t?

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

I know returning residents are now allowed to exercise for one hour a day following Howies announcement recently.

however I can’t find the regulations anywhere, do they have to wear face masks when out on exercise? I haven’t seen anyone out walking in a mask so maybe they don’t?

Here is the IOMG regulation on exercise for returning residents:

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/travel-advice/household-isolation-and-exercise

Yes, you can go out for exercise.

I have seen people walking a dog with a mask.

Or you can go out in the mid of the night running on your own, which is what I did when I was back in the island.

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

They are supposed to. I have seen a few. Mind you, I was in M&S today and someone was wearing a mask I kept my distance! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

They are supposed to. I have seen a few. Mind you, I was in M&S today and someone was wearing a mask I kept my distance! 

I doubt that he was a returning resident. The mask would be an open invitation to call the police. As it happened with the four welders. They went into Tesco and someone asked them why they were wearing a mask; and then the police was called. That is how they got caught.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/travel-advice/household-isolation-and-exercise/ I found them in seconds.

And so would you if you stopped banging on about fucking Guernsey for five minutes and actually looked.:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

A friend died recently, in hospital in UK. He’d been sent by Nobles for treatment in Liverpool and then rehab in the Northwest. Caught Covid. 

His family came to the Island on compassionate grounds, self isolated, went to funeral. Now out of isolation.

Where they come from masks are mandatory, one of them has their own health condition. They’ve decided to wear masks when out and about on island. After all they have to go back and get used to it again if they stop. They feel safer.

Wearing a mask is personal choice and not a mark of cheating on isolation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

Yes it is totally irrational. But I myself keep my distance from people wearing masks. Why is that? Maybe a psychiatrist or social scientist would be able to explain.

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes it is totally irrational. But I myself keep my distance from people wearing masks. Why is that? Maybe a psychiatrist or social scientist would be able to explain.

If you need it explaining to you maybe you're the irrational one.

• Like 1