IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Escape Artist said:

Much to the disappointment of Roger Mexico and his Stalinist minions.

Any more of that, sonny, and I'll send the NKVD round.

I'll sure that most people acted responsibly, but the problem is that the one hour exercise meant that it became impossible to police the self-isolation.  Anyone breaking it could just claim that they were on their exercise.

24 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes it is totally irrational. But I myself keep my distance from people wearing masks. Why is that? Maybe a psychiatrist or social scientist would be able to explain.

It's not irrational at all either they are obliged to wear a mask in which case they are supposed to be keeping away from others, or they are wearing one for self-protection (perhaps in a vulnerable group).  Either way you are respecting their wishes.

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’ve already acknowledged I’m being irrational. See my post.

Ah, yes. But if you think about it, logically it's simple rationale. Neither the mask-wearer or the one without want to pass on/catch the virus. It's a damage-limitation strategy. You keeping your distance, and the wearing of the mask amount to the same thing on those terms. 

17 minutes ago, quilp said:

Ah, yes. But if you think about it, logically it's simple rationale. Neither the mask-wearer or the one without want to pass on/catch the virus. It's a damage-limitation strategy. You keeping your distance, and the wearing of the mask amount to the same thing on those terms. 

Yes indeed. But the irrational thing is I’m more fearful of those wearing a mask than those who don’t.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

For him.

A few more now

“More than 100 hotels, bars and restaurants in Jersey have written to the Chief Minister begging for more financial support as they battle for survival amid a hospitality shutdown.”

https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2020-12-10/hospitality-industry-begs-for-more-support-in-letter-to-government

3 hours ago, Banker said:

however I can’t find the regulations anywhere, do they have to wear face masks when out on exercise? I haven’t seen anyone out walking in a mask so maybe they don’t?

I’ve seen people out walking and wearing masks. They crossed over the road tp pass by me. 

https://covid19.gov.im/media/1309/iom-resident-direction-notice-final-20-11.pdf

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes indeed. But the irrational thing is I’m more fearful of those wearing a mask than those who don’t.

Well, see it as an observational reminder of the current situation. I know what you're saying though. From March through to August I wore a mask when shopping, being high-risk. Some people looked at me like I'd two heads, one woman decided to laugh and say "don't you know there's no virus over here!" with nervous conviction. I could tell the mask scared her, questioned her inner-complacency. Only last week, in Shopshite, I accrued some funny looks at the entrance whilst rubbing the basket-handle with copious amounts of the supplied alcohol gel. Even now I social-distance when and wherever possible because the threat hasn't gone away. My mother-in-law, a 60 a day smoker, always coughed like a miner as long as I've known her, had a fit of coughing in the local Spar recently, the looks on their faces and physical reactions of the customers and staff was very telling. But who can blame them? Perfectly logical reaction. Certainly not irrational... 

Edited by quilp