IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

35 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I’ve seen people out walking and wearing masks. They crossed over the road tp pass by me. 

https://covid19.gov.im/media/1309/iom-resident-direction-notice-final-20-11.pdf

Thanks, must have been looking in wrong place. Must get out more as not seen anyone in masks for a while, at least not in woody or Thirty pigeon 😀

31 minutes ago, Banker said:

Thanks, must have been looking in wrong place. Must get out more as not seen anyone in masks for a while, at least not in woody or Thirty pigeon 😀

Is there thirty of them now Rob McCaleer must be rubbing his hands

11 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Any more of that, sonny, and I'll send the NKVD round.

I'll sure that most people acted responsibly, but the problem is that the one hour exercise meant that it became impossible to police the self-isolation.  Anyone breaking it could just claim that they were on their exercise.

It's not irrational at all either they are obliged to wear a mask in which case they are supposed to be keeping away from others, or they are wearing one for self-protection (perhaps in a vulnerable group).  Either way you are respecting their wishes.

They are obliged to wear a face covering it doesn't specify a mask. I chose to wear a scarf when walking the dog late at night for my one hour out of the house. Less obtrusive and a lot more comfortable. 

41 minutes ago, Banker said:

Changing 14 days isolation to 10 days across all UK , will Howie follow suit or is Cabinet office better qualified than UK chief medical officer!!

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-self-isolation-period-for-coronavirus-contacts-and-holiday-quarantine-cut-to-10-days-12157956

Interesting - of course our Cabinet Office is more qualified than Chris Witty! How dare you ... sheesh.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, piebaps said:

14 has worked marvellously well for us. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Following the UK is clearly not a good idea.

20k new cases and 516 deaths yesterday alone and they think reducing the isolation period is a good thing.

20k cases out of 65m people!! I think Chris Witty knows more than you & Howie !!😂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Changing 14 days isolation to 10 days across all UK , will Howie follow suit or is Cabinet office better qualified than UK chief medical officer!!

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-self-isolation-period-for-coronavirus-contacts-and-holiday-quarantine-cut-to-10-days-12157956

There aren't going to be any holidays (except outside of the EU) for people with only UK passports until the EU Covid restrictions are lifted unless a trade deal gets sorted out. No ski holidays, trips to the Canaries etc.