IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Does anyone know what the real bottleneck is? Is it

A) availability of the vaccine

B) Logistics of administering it 

C) getting it to IOM

Very disappointed to hear that it will take until September just to do all the over 50's. Its not just not a speeding silver bullet, it's not anything like bullet like at all is it? More a silver slow thing.

If it's just A) then will the Oxford vaccine change this?

I'd imagine that at the point of the announcement there was only one licensed vaccine and that as always with Government they give worse case scenario, however, once more vaccines get approval then things will speed up and the likelihood is that all the over 50's and all the rest of the vulnerable people will all be vaccinated by Easter and that the borders will be at least at level 2.

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2020 at 2:15 PM, quilp said:

The latest iomgov announcement has Quayle rolling his eyes at the mere mention of Dr. Glover by Paul Moulton. 

Body language screams out.  So unprofessional.  This comedy due are past their best.  HQ  struggles to read from a script, mis pronouncing words and  his intonation is all wrong.    Clearly has never read a story out load before this covid crisis. DA is getting more and more sycophantic and  grandiose with his subservient demeanour to HQ and assertion of expert knowledge of all things covid and vaccines.  Too much self centred grandstanding here.  Change the speakers have more input from the clinical professionals.    

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Body language screams out.  So unprofessional.  This comedy due are past their best.  HQ  struggles to read from a script, mis pronouncing words and  his intonation is all wrong.    Clearly has never read a story out load before this covid crisis. DA is getting more and more sycophantic and  grandiose with his subservient demeanour to HQ and assertion of expert knowledge of all things covid and vaccines.  Too much self centred grandstanding here.  Change the speakers have more input from the clinical professionals.    

They're like Laurel and Hardy without a skinny one!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Does anyone know what the real bottleneck is? Is it

A) availability of the vaccine

B) Logistics of administering it 

C) getting it to IOM

Very disappointed to hear that it will take until September just to do all the over 50's. Its not just not a speeding silver bullet, it's not anything like bullet like at all is it? More a silver slow thing.

If it's just A) then will the Oxford vaccine change this?

All of the above.

4 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It doesn't really matter that much here.  What matters is how the UK roll it out.  Everything impacting on the island is UK led.

Our entire borders strategy is based around a 20 in 100000 infection rate.  Vaccines here won't help that.

I was selfishly wondering when I could get out not worrying about people coming in

They say we receive a proportionate number of vaccines based on population from the UK.

So why is it that the UK intends to have their 25M vulnerable population vaccinated by April? Am I missing something? Surely proportionality says we too should be completed by the same time of our vulnerable population.

Or is it so simple as to say that they aren't talking about completing it by September, what they're actually saying is that they'll have it completed by the election?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It doesn't really matter that much here.  What matters is how the UK roll it out.  Everything impacting on the island is UK led.

Our entire borders strategy is based around a 20 in 100000 infection rate.  Vaccines here won't help that.

I can already see the day in my nightmares. The announcement that the strategy is changing. The UK is at 7 in 100K, over half the population have been vaccinated.

'But we still don't know if those vaccinated can be carriers and spreaders of the virus, this therefore poses a huge risk to our Island and we must react with an Island solution by keeping the borders at level 36.'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaymann said:

They say we receive a proportionate number of vaccines based on population from the UK.

So why is it that the UK intends to have their 25M vulnerable population vaccinated by April? Am I missing something? Surely proportionality says we too should be completed by the same time of our vulnerable population.

Or is it so simple as to say that they aren't talking about completing it by September, what they're actually saying is that they'll have it completed by the election?

It could be that proporrionally we have double the amount of vulnerable people.

13 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I would pay good money to see that. It could be even better than the original. Ashie would have destroyed the instructions for a start!

They’d make another fine mess of the Keys....sorry...I’ll get me coat.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Banker said:

No we're just lacking a plan same as usual.

There is a plan. The vaccine arrives next week. Vaccination starts the week after. Starting with care home workers and residents, same as uk. Then down the age groups ending with the over 50s vaccinated by end of September. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

There is a plan. The vaccine arrives next week. Vaccination starts the week after. Starting with care home workers and residents, same as uk. Then down the age groups ending with the over 50s vaccinated by end of September. 

Ace.  Just in time to start doing everyone again.

Whats the lan for opening the borders?  Who needs to have been vaccinated before that happens?  They have had months to figure it out so would assume there is a clear point in terms of vaccinations here and in UK and infection numbers in the UK where we ease things up.

• Like 3