IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Therein is the problem. Hancock said about 10 days ago that the uk would get all the over 60s vaccinated and see how it affects the hospitalisation and death rates. I read from that, if the rates drop dramatically, then there is no need to vaccinate everybody. 

Ashy has to consider this approach. If the vaccine eases pressure on NHS, borders can be eased. 

6 minutes ago, pongo said:

'Autoantibodies' may be driving severe Covid cases, study shows

Reinforces the need to take this all very slowly until much more is known. Not worth rushing things for the sake of a few unnecessary family visits.

Absolutely.

Slowly, slowly, catch the monkey.

Silly to bow down to families now, just as we’re winning the battle.

I mean, we are so close to victory.

Edited by Nom de plume

11 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I'd consider the ability for the business community to be mobile again (both inwards and outwards) as being more important.

You’ve not read through this thread have you?

We are all now of the opinion here that the business community doesn’t matter, families trying to bury their dead with UK family here, potential last family get togethers and medical visitations are folly.

It’s all about eradication.

PS - students are disease riddled spongers!

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I am conscious of some of the smug patronising nonsense on this thread for sure.

The island needs to be active. Plenty of business opportunities out there for on island businesses.

There's a big tax hole to fill i suspect.

Listen Terry, you can’t get in the Pigeon on a Saturday night and Chester Street is chocka.

Life is good.

You don’t even have to wear a mask on the bus to avoid catching something off another passen..... oh, hang on.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pongo said:

'Autoantibodies' may be driving severe Covid cases, study shows

Reinforces the need to take this all very slowly until much more is known. Not worth rushing things for the sake of a few unnecessary family visits.

Looking at some of the people who are shouting for family visits and that, I wouldn't be surprised if their family are secretly rather chuffed with the situation.

Like some of them in UK shouting about not being able to have Christmas with their families and households not mixing and that. I bet their kids and grandkids etc are over the moon with it all.

Not all of them, obviously.