IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 hours ago, Barlow said:

Looking at some of the people who are shouting for family visits and that, I wouldn't be surprised if their family are secretly rather chuffed with the situation.

Like some of them in UK shouting about not being able to have Christmas with their families and households not mixing and that. I bet their kids and grandkids etc are over the moon with it all.

Not all of them, obviously.

Well if it’s your family I’m sure they’re ecstatic they can’t visit!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Well, 975 of us are getting a lovely Xmas present. 

Guernsey said they received 975 doses, which I thought wasn’t a lot. Didn’t our lot imply that the 975 doses had to be watered down or similar and would presumably make more than 975 individual vaccinations?

I’d have to listen to it again to be sure. 

12 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Guernsey said they received 975 doses, which I thought wasn’t a lot. Didn’t our lot imply that the 975 doses had to be watered down or similar and would presumably make more than 975 individual vaccinations?

I’d have to listen to it again to be sure. 

No. It’s delivered in batches of 975 single dose ampoules. Originally it was said they couldn’t be subdivided, had to be defrosted to separate and distribute to different administering centres, but that temperature control made that difficult.

I read they are being more flexible. But no, it’s not “watered down”

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No. It’s delivered in batches of 975 single dose ampoules. Originally it was said they couldn’t be subdivided, had to be defrosted to separate and distribute to different administering centres, but that temperature control made that difficult.

I thought the doses had to be diluted to be administered, not watered down to make more doses.  A bit like concentrated orange juice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Banker said:

No but they have to be taken out of -70c temperature before they use

Will they warm it up to body temperature first ?

Mind you , the cold never bothered me anyway...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

From the UK Gov Vaccine handbook:

'Each pack of the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 contains 195 vials with 5 doses per vial (975 doses per pack). It is supplied with 0.9% sodium chloride diluent for injection plastic ampoules. After dilution, the vaccine should be kept at 2°C to 25°C and used within 6 hours. Any unused vaccine should be discarded.'

47 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Based on this we should be able to travel to England soon if that tail spikes downwards..

Not Wales mind and we should already be allowed to travel to Scotland?

image_from_ios.jpg

I wouldn’t risk travelling to London just yet - infection numbers skyrocketing.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I wouldn’t risk travelling to London just yet - infection numbers skyrocketing.

Crawley where Gatwick is located is one of lowest areas, it’s the London boroughs eg haringhey etc.

Also Liverpool & Lancaster much lower now, didn’t Howie use high rates in those areas as reason not to allow families in?

59 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Based on this we should be able to travel to England soon if that tail spikes downwards..

Not Wales mind and we should already be allowed to travel to Scotland?

image_from_ios.jpg

That's daily incidence, not point prevalence.  Multiply by a number somewhere between 8 and 14 to get the figure you're interested in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1