IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Crawley where Gatwick is located is one of lowest areas, it’s the London boroughs eg haringhey etc.

Also Liverpool & Lancaster much lower now, didn’t Howie use high rates in those areas as reason not to allow families in?

Can you define exactly what you mean by family as that is a pretty broad term.

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Well if it’s your family I’m sure they’re ecstatic they can’t visit!

No they're very sad I can't visit them or they visit me this Christmas. They told me that.

The feeling is absolutely mutual. It's very, very sad.

7 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Can you please expand on that Wrighty for the uneducated amongst us?

Incidence is number of new cases in a specified period of time. 
Prevalence is the total number of cases you have at any particular point in time. 
For an infectious disease, prevalence is equal to incidence times length of time the infection lasts or is contagious. So for covid it’s 8x if you think it’s contagious for 8 days, or 14x if it’s using the isolation definition of an active case. This may soon move to 10x. 
The prevalence figure is most relevant for transport restrictions. Incidence is helpful knowing how many hospital beds you might need per day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Meanwhile, in a land nearby:

I think Witty and Vallance might as well join them- nobody is listening any more.

You wonder what would have happened in the UK if they’d closed the airports & ports back in March & jailed lockdown deniers.

Cregeen says we’re the envy of uk police forces , thanks to him!! The whole interview was basically Cregeen saying how great he was , how much he’d achieved at Education whilst conveniently ignoring all the problems he left behind!!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/iom-covid-jail-sentences-the-envy-of-uk-police/?fbclid=IwAR1BNfWbMdZkUZqDP6bpya5IcrWFGTD1cCxXKQFoIqyWHWDBI5J5mIojDNk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Meanwhile, in a land nearby:

I think Witty and Vallance might as well join them- nobody is listening any more.

The UK is past the point of no return now. You can try and implement different tiers, regional lockdowns and other measures but the genie is out of the bottle. It's like one of those whack-a-mole games at the funfair. The more they do the more they just tread water.

Just open everything up and the NHS, who in the main have had most of the year off apart from frontline staff, can get back to treating the rest of the population but functioning with extra resources where it needs them. Much easier to spend money fixing a problem than causing infinitely more destruction to the GDP with measures that aren't working anyway. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

The UK is past the point of no return now. You can try and implement different tiers, regional lockdowns and other measures but the genie is out of the bottle. It's like one of those whack-a-mole games at the funfair. The more they do the more they just tread water.

Just open everything up and the NHS, who in the main have had most of the year off apart from frontline staff, can get back to treating the rest of the population but functioning with extra resources where it needs them. Much easier to spend money fixing a problem than causing infinitely more destruction to the GDP with measures that aren't working anyway. 

The UK (and Europe) is an utter cluster****

Politicians never admit they’re wrong & will continue to destroy the economy & hopes of future generations for months to come.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Banker said:

Cregeen says we’re the envy of uk police forces , thanks to him!! The whole interview was basically Cregeen saying how great he was , how much he’d achieved at Education whilst conveniently ignoring all the problems he left behind!!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/iom-covid-jail-sentences-the-envy-of-uk-police/?fbclid=IwAR1BNfWbMdZkUZqDP6bpya5IcrWFGTD1cCxXKQFoIqyWHWDBI5J5mIojDNk

If the voters of Malew, Arbory, Castletown, Scarlett, Silverdale, Duck Street, Ballabeg Halt and Balladoole Viking Ship Burial, or whatever that ridiculous constituency is called, re-elect this rank moron I shall personally torch the entire place until it is a desolate mass of smouldering ash.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, Gladys said:

I thought the doses had to be diluted to be administered, not watered down to make more doses.  A bit like concentrated orange juice.

Probably what I’d heard. I’d listened to Guernsey’s conference immediately before ours and was probably losing concentration (pun?)

I see one hospital patient in Jersey being treated for COVID has died and two others are extremely unwell. Not a good situation at all. 

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

Really? What do you think they’ve been doing?

• Like 2