IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

38 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I actually struggle with the idea of 4.5 hours on the jet ski more than walking from Ramsey to Douglas, especially at this time of year.

However it does show the police are cross checking with the cabinet office over who has, and who has not, permission to enter.

Call me cynical but it sounds more likely he’s entered on the steam packet hiding in a car boot or van or using the ID and permission of someone else.

Surely the cops must have checked out at least part of the story? 

-Speaking after the hearing, a government spokesman said following an investigation, public health officials were "satisfied" there was "no wider risk to the public".- 

21 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Surely the cops must have checked out at least part of the story? 

-Speaking after the hearing, a government spokesman said following an investigation, public health officials were "satisfied" there was "no wider risk to the public".- 

Where is the jet ski? “Police found the Jetski at Dog Mills”? No. No sign. How could they check.

Friday was cold and unpleasant. He’d have been frozen like an ice block. Even in a wet suit. What dry clothes could he carry on a jet ski? If he changed where is the wetsuit?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

He would have had a mobile. To trace his exact route wouldn't be difficult. I don't understand why they would expect us to believe his story? 

Don’t think they’d be interested how he got in. The offence is entering without consent. He admits that, what else to investigate?

The court wasn’t told the police had investigated. Just that public health had, and were satisfied there was no risk. Very different. It’s a media report. How accurate. Even the BBC

Well, I may be a bit jaded and cynical, but there are lots of bits that just don't add up - he was with his "partner" for a whole 2 weeks in September, she didn't know he had gone back (you have wonder if her first words were "wtf have you been?"), he had never driven a jet ski before but decided to cut his teeth on a quite treacherous crossing, at the coldest time of year with the least daylight, and having done that walked to Douglas?  Oh yes, and last mitigation was depression. 

I smell bollocks here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, I may be a bit jaded and cynical, but there are lots of bits that just don't add up - he was with his "partner" for a whole 2 weeks in September, she didn't know he had gone back (you have wonder if her first words were "wtf have you been?"), he had never driven a jet ski before but decided to cut his teeth on a quite treacherous crossing, at the coldest time of year with the least daylight, and having done that walked to Douglas?  Oh yes, and last mitigation was depression. 

I smell bollocks here.

Sweaty bollocks I night suggest, having walked from Ramsey to Douglas!

29 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Friday was cold and unpleasant. He’d have been frozen like an ice block. Even in a wet suit. What dry clothes could he carry on a jet ski? If he changed where is the wetsuit?

He could have worn a dry suit and been dressed normally underneath. James Bond style. Alternatively there’s plenty of dry bags to store clothes in. 

eg https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=dry+bag+30l&crid=29VA7U7J53P9H&sprefix=Dry+bag%2Caps%2C524&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-a-p_11_7

Edited by The Old Git

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

But unless they know his exact route how can they be sure there was no risk to the general public?  

I assume they've tested him, but there's nothing to say that he couldn't have picked up the virus on Thursday, travelled over on Friday, spread it around the nightclubs on Saturday and still be testing negative.  Maybe he told them he spent the previous two weeks in a remote bothy, never seeing a soul, but there's a lot that doesn't add up.  The only thing in the story's favour is that it is so ridiculous it might be true.

Just now, The Old Git said:

He could have worn a dry suit and been dressed normally underneath. James Bond style. Alternatively there’s plenty of dry bags to store clothes in. 

Sure. Same question. Where’s the jetski and dry suit. Clothes would be a bit sweaty after 4.5 hours in dry suit. Do jet skis have waterproof panniers?

• Like 2

The problem i have with it is that its so obviously a load of bollocks yet public health seem happy to accept the story as real and carry out the tracing as such? Im sute theres worse happened over recent times but it just seems i am being lied to or misled twice. I expect it from him, got no problem with that, its the other bit im not keen on.

Edited by the stinking enigma
  • Like 1