IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Don’t know what the weather was like that day, but you can often see Scotland from the Point of Ayre, so he might have just aimed for the island with no need to navigate. 

Especially when you consider he was coming from Isle of Whithorn which used to be one of the main ports from Scotland to the Isle of Man in times past.  Friday was also one of the few days recently without much wind, so some thought may have gone into things.  Though not enough.

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

OK, the whole story is entirely plausible.  I will be keeping a sharp eye out for hot air balloons, hang gliders and parachutes driven by lovelorn swains. 

I can see Anglesey and the Lake District on clear days. If I couldn’t “navigate” there in a RIB (bugger jet skis) I’d be amazed. Ramsey to Whithorn would be far easier. 

A friend did support in his boat for some charity swimmers doing a similar route. I’ve dived off the Point, the currents can be tricky but shouldn’t bother a RIB or jet ski. 

Its gone international

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/15/world/europe/jet-ski-isle-of-man-dale-mclaughlan.html

As for why it took Mr. Mclaughlan more than four hours to cross a short distance, Allan Stirling, the owner of a boat dealer in Linwood, Scotland, said the trip should have taken less than an hour.

“You can see the Isle of Man from the peninsula where he set off from,” Mr. Stirling said. “To cover that distance is not a great feat.”

7 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I can see Anglesey and the Lake District on clear days. If I couldn’t “navigate” there in a RIB (bugger jet skis) I’d be amazed. Ramsey to Whithorn would be far easier. 

A friend did support in his boat for some charity swimmers doing a similar route. I’ve dived off the Point, the currents can be tricky but shouldn’t bother a RIB or jet ski. 

I used to sail quite a bit, including to Whithorn, and the big issue is getting the tides right, especially round the Point of Ayre.  Admittedly, that was proper sailing, no engines, so yep, its possible.  But, if you have never driven a jet ski? 

Seeing as we only have four currently active cases on the island and non of them are in the community, all were imported and tracked and traced and pose no danger to anybody as they are isolating at home. Could somebody tell me the reason why ward six is closed to visitors as of this morning. Noticed the sign as I had course to visit hospital on a non covid reason

23 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Someone I know who works up at the prison has told me they're back in to extended isolation periods in Jurby because a new resident has tested positive. Sounds like it may be Jet Ski Man.

Apparently as well as a negative test over there, he also tested negative here. Depends on the test and the incubation period I suppose...

1 minute ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Seeing as we only have four currently active cases on the island and non of them are in the community, all were imported and tracked and traced and pose no danger to anybody as they are isolating at home. Could somebody tell me the reason why ward six is closed to visitors as of this morning. Noticed the sign as I had course to visit hospital on a non covid reason

Why didn’t you ask as hospital when there?

5 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

norovirus according to twitter

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I used to sail quite a bit, including to Whithorn, and the big issue is getting the tides right, especially round the Point of Ayre.  Admittedly, that was proper sailing, no engines, so yep, its possible.  But, if you have never driven a jet ski? 

I used to do a lot of sailing, took the RYA navigation courses etc. My father once won a yacht race by anchoring when he couldn’t make progress against the tide. Raised the anchor when it changed and won. After a lot of rule checking there was nothing against it so he was the winner. 

Did a lot of scuba diving and had a RIB. Tides were largely irrelevant in the RIB, would think it would be the same on a jet ski. 

I assume the 4.5 hour journey time was down to not being confident / competent om a jet ski. 

2 hours ago, jaymann said:

Someone I know who works up at the prison has told me they're back in to extended isolation periods in Jurby because a new resident has tested positive. Sounds like it may be Jet Ski Man.

he tested positive for 'thick cunt' too

• Like 1