IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

We need to get this in perspective, and although any trip could be dangerous it's not as if he swam it. 

That would have been a mighty triathlon with the walk over the mountain/coast road.

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

I was (am) a proponent of a Jersey ‘styled’ model.

They clearly have made huge mistakes  regarding their testing regime but more so an effective track & trace model.

What has puzzled me throughout this entire pandemic is that the statistics clearly indicate you really are not at risk under the age of 75 (that is developing life threatening symptoms). There are anomalies of course, as there are with a multitude of other viruses / illnesses.

Why then were the high risk groups not asked to fully shield and isolate rather than the entire tax paying working population?

Testing was developed quickly, PPE available. Care homes could have been bubbles.

I still don’t buy the NHS can’t cope.

Anyway ... I’ve felt like this from the outset - I won’t be changed. Just gotta roll with the fear and hardships that are coming.

Most of this, except the age is 60 not 75

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Most of this, except the age is 60 not 75

But high risk groups were asked to shield. Immediately. I got three letters in March and I’ve had three since, changing emphasis.

How do you shield care home residents, unless you lock staff in with them, even with adequate PPE - which there wasn’t to start with.

We are learning, week by week. 

The west had pandemic planning, but over the years had closed isolation hospitals, reduced hospital staffing and beds to industrial production JiT modelling.

Closing borders quicker, testing, testing, and more testing, working track & trace, would all have helped. Or total brutal lockdown like in Wuhan. 

Instead we have the spectacle of the debacle in the land of the free at one end of the spectrum and totalitarian lock down at the other, with extremes like Islands towards one end and Sweden at the other.

That being said there hasn’t been an appetite, politically, to obtain and read and act on the science, here or IOM. 

Im all in favour of personal freedom to risk assess for myself within the structures and limits imposed. I hope we get entry testing and 10 days. Although if we did I wouldn’t test at 10 days. I’d stick out the extra 4. I took the same view at 7 day testing.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Gladys said:

But our intrepid hero hasn't, has he?  It is not whether a knowledgeable and seasoned sailor could do it, but if someone with little or no experience could. 

That’s the thing 

Would I do it in a yacht that’s effected by wind and tides, with no experience? No

Would I do it on a Jetski 🤷🏻‍♂️Not now at my age

Would I do it in a RIB with plenty of power. Nor really a problem. 

My first jetski experience was over 30 years ago in Bodrum, Turkey. Far different conditions, but the owner of the business was going mental because some tourist had hired one and effed of to Kos, Greece, on it. 

35 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But high risk groups were asked to shield. Immediately. I got three letters in March and I’ve had three since, changing emphasis.

How do you shield care home residents, unless you lock staff in with them, even with adequate PPE - which there wasn’t to start with.

We are learning, week by week. 

The west had pandemic planning, but over the years had closed isolation hospitals, reduced hospital staffing and beds to industrial production JiT modelling.

Closing borders quicker, testing, testing, and more testing, working track & trace, would all have helped. Or total brutal lockdown like in Wuhan. 

Instead we have the spectacle of the debacle in the land of the free at one end of the spectrum and totalitarian lock down at the other, with extremes like Islands towards one end and Sweden at the other.

That being said there hasn’t been an appetite, politically, to obtain and read and act on the science, here or IOM. 

Im all in favour of personal freedom to risk assess for myself within the structures and limits imposed. I hope we get entry testing and 10 days. Although if we did I wouldn’t test at 10 days. I’d stick out the extra 4. I took the same view at 7 day testing.

We did the 7 days testing as worth risk for extra 7 days out. The 10 days testing is probably not worth the risk for 4 days given you now have 1 hours exercise outside per day and definitely not if you have to pay!!

• Like 1