IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

We did the 7 days testing as worth risk for extra 7 days out. The 10 days testing is probably not worth the risk for 4 days given you now have 1 hours exercise outside per day and definitely not if you have to pay!!

I may have missed something here, but I understood that the 10 day rule was just that - if it gets brought in. I didn’t think testing came into it. 

13 minutes ago, quilp said:

This might shed some light on it. It was posted some time ago with regards to the turnaround time on testing without Dr. Glover's test...

20201217_183028.jpg

Aha! I took the response as acknowledgement of the higher rate of false readings.

Edited by jaymann

12 minutes ago, quilp said:

This might shed some light on it. It was posted some time ago with regards to the turnaround time on testing without Dr. Glover's test...

20201217_183028.jpg

It’s the same test. Whether DHSC can maintain turnaround times and accuracy is speculation. It’s not her test. It’s a PCR test, on a machine owned by the DHSC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

It’s the same test. Whether DHSC can maintain turnaround times and accuracy is speculation. It’s not her test. It’s a PCR test, on a machine owned by the DHSC. 

My understanding here could be completely wrong. But did Dr Glover not provide some of her own equipment from her lab to make the setup work along with the reagents?

My understanding was that Dr Glover had designed a way of testing that meant that as well as the standard PCR test for Sars-Cov-2 it was also testing for something human as well, meaning the chances of getting  false result were lower as it guaranteed that the swab taken was taken properly. So that little extra step of testing for human dna is not normally done, at least I think that's right. Should probably check with her really.

I would assume that the lab staff are carrying on with the same testing process, seeing as they have been trained to do so and it works.

Edited by TheTeapot

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

My understanding was that Dr Glover had designed a way of testing that meant that as well as the standard PCR test for Sars-Cov-2 it was also testing for something human as well, meaning the chances of getting  false result were lower as it guaranteed that the swab taken was taken properly. So that little extra step of testing for human dna is not normally done, at least I think that's right. Should probably check with her really.

I would assume that the lab staff are carrying on with the same testing process, seeing as they have been trained to do so and it works.

Here's what Dr. G has posted about the testing methods previously used...

20201217_191637.jpg

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Yeah its that human swabbing bit that isn't typically carried out. I think she explained it on her blog.

Have you a link to her blog? If it's on twitter I'm stumped, banned for posting, "all the priests should be hanged with the entrails of all the lawyers." Some Californian religious nutjob was offended by that remark...

• Haha 1