IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Awful Homo said:

All that from a complete spanner. You must be growing in confidence. 

40BBC32A-7875-437F-BBBC-8ED2957BE736.jpeg.16e491102701221e8ec9ef070aef8912.jpeg.0bf1b97d2bec850365141152d1614cf1.jpeg

This "awful" guy joined MF four hours ago to posts insults on this thread; for no other reason than posting insults. It is all what he has done in his life. Probably he will insult me too.

I would suggest, just complete ignore him.

18 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I was (am) a proponent of a Jersey ‘styled’ model.

Another country that was lauded as being a cut above the rest -

"Sweden's king has declared the country's handling of coronavirus a failure, pointing to the "terrible" death toll of close to 8,000 people, and the "sorrow and frustration" felt by those who have lost loved ones."

And "South Korea’s health minister has put the East Asian nation on a war footing as it battles to prevent its third and biggest surge of the coronavirus pandemic from overwhelming hospitals."

I sincerely hope that I’m wrong but I believe that the UK Christmas ‘relaxation’ will lead to a total COVID shitshow in January. I rather suspect that the UK government believe so too, which is why the early mentions of a third lockdown are appearing today in the papers run by their right-leaning mates. 

Almost the whole of western Europe is now in some kind of lockdown, its absolutely nuts. All these half arsed measures haven't really worked, there is loads of virus out there. It was all entirely predictable too. The obsession with keeping schools open is a serious mistake, while kids are unlikely to die they are constantly full of illness during the winter. If the UK gov had any sense they'd pay the various internet companies £xx, tell them to make all their services free for January and get everyone to stay at home and watch netflix or whatever. The long term economic effects of a brutal January lockdown have got to be better than stringing things out with bullshit tiers and massive uncertainty.

It's incredible how many people there are out there still in total denial of how bad this situation is.

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

Another country that was lauded as being a cut above the rest -

"Sweden's king has declared the country's handling of coronavirus a failure, pointing to the "terrible" death toll of close to 8,000 people, and the "sorrow and frustration" felt by those who have lost loved ones."

And "South Korea’s health minister has put the East Asian nation on a war footing as it battles to prevent its third and biggest surge of the coronavirus pandemic from overwhelming hospitals."

If the King of Sweden says it's a failure, then it must be a failure. His comments carry about as much clout as Olaf, the local pisshead from the Volvo & Partridge or you & I.

Stop chasing titbits to justify a means.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Almost the whole of western Europe is now in some kind of lockdown, its absolutely nuts. All these half arsed measures haven't really worked, there is loads of virus out there. It was all entirely predictable too. The obsession with keeping schools open is a serious mistake, while kids are unlikely to die they are constantly full of illness during the winter. If the UK gov had any sense they'd pay the various internet companies £xx, tell them to make all their services free for January and get everyone to stay at home and watch netflix or whatever. The long term economic effects of a brutal January lockdown have got to be better than stringing things out with bullshit tiers and massive uncertainty.

It's incredible how many people there are out there still in total denial of how bad this situation is.

Which part? The deaths or the economic carnage (previously unseen) that follows?

19 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I was (am) a proponent of a Jersey ‘styled’ model.

They clearly have made huge mistakes  regarding their testing regime but more so an effective track & trace model.

So where did it go so badly wrong?

I was listening to Paul Moulton and Jersey’s Gary Burgess this morning and “be more like Jersey” cropped up, but they didn’t touch on what happened for them to lose control of the situation. 

I remember posting a month ago that they’d lost control. You seemed to “disagree”. Still feel the same?

4 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I was listening to Paul Moulton and Jersey’s Gary Burgess this morning and “be more like Jersey” cropped up, but they didn’t touch on what happened for them to lose control of the situation. 

I remember posting a month ago that they’d lost control. You seemed to “disagree”. Still feel the same?

Read back through the thread if you're arsed - it's all there friend,

17 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Not entirely, several friends have been in Spain for a month in Alicante area , all bars & restaurants open until 11.30pm with curfew from 12 -5, Xmas Eve & NYE open until 1am. Weather is the best it ever been with warm sunshine in 20s throughout! Italy is a complete nightmare.

21 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Excellent video.

"a party of 20 people responsible for 500 people in isolation." Astonishing...

Edited by quilp