IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

26 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Quick chrimbo quickie. If you could choose 5 members to form the COBRA committe, which 5 would it be. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers on this one.

Courtney Heading

Graham Cregeen

Bernard Moffatt

Alex Brindley

Tanya June July August Hanson 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This is a perfect opportunity to highlight the advantage of already having a robust system in place to allow people to isolate on arrival from the UK and snforce it.

That gives us a headstart on places like France who have had to just ban people coming in.  We already have procedures to deal with freight etc.

There is no reason to change anything as we are a step ahead and they could put a real positive spin on it, maybe add some testing for belt and braces.

They won't.  They will react to what France etc have done despite being at a headstart to them.

38 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He'll probably rescind Santa's exemption certificate.  

He’s never forgiven Santa for failing to deliver ‘My Little Pony’...last year.

Edited by Uhtred

Tightening up the rules for arrivals makes total sense, have to say I tuned out a bit there as he was wittering on, so not totally sure what exactly the changes are.

Might not be able to buy strawberries next week.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Quick chrimbo quickie. If you could choose 5 members to form the COBRA committe, which 5 would it be. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers on this one.

I would choose:

@the stinking enigma

@TheTeapot

@Chinahand

@quilp

+ Stephen Fry (because everyone always chooses him for these things)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Howard and Henrietta spend the first 8 minutes talking about the UK carrying out genomics studies, failing to mention we had a scientist here willing to carry one out.

This is a tough watch.

That's why I'm not watching it. I'd be shouting at the laptop too much so I'm monitoring twitter. Just wait until those day 13 positives start coming in (if anyone is prepared to risk it). Surveillance testing at day 13 is one thing but punishing a positive with another 14 days is a little too much in my opinion. If they're positive at day 13 post-exposure they're very unlikely to be infectious beyond 21 days. Making it into a 28 day quarantine if positive is rather punitive. Assuming I've got the details right (I could be wrong seeing as I'm not watching directly).

• Like 3