IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

40 minutes ago, Banker said:

Sorry but he didn’t, what he said was think very carefully about travel off island as matters can change very quickly. We are still at level 4 so residents can travel & return if they wish

he said no new compassionate exemptions issued , below from IOMG Website 

From 00.01 hours on Wednesday 23 December 2020, the borders to the Isle of Man will be restricted to residents and a small number of critical key workers. 

As such, applications for compassionate and contractual entry cannot be accepted.

Cool. Listen to the podcast. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, pongo said:

+ Stephen Fry (because everyone always chooses him for these things)

There is always a place for a smug self-satisfied git.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Chief said:

could have done that all in 5 minutes, pointless waffle most of it.

Did Dr. Ewart really need to say ‘As the Chief Minister said’ 873 times.  And if he did say it doctor, why repeat it!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Did Dr. Ewart really need to say ‘As the Chief Minister said’ 873 times.  And if he did say it doctor, why repeat it!!

Yes, if you want an MBE or whatever

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Cool. Listen to the podcast. 

Cool listen to the transcript and if still not clear ring up and you will find that residents can still travel & return but it’s not encouraged. Family returning next week but will have to now go through testing and no exercise but still can return!

4 hours ago, rachomics said:

That's why I'm not watching it. I'd be shouting at the laptop too much so I'm monitoring twitter. Just wait until those day 13 positives start coming in (if anyone is prepared to risk it). Surveillance testing at day 13 is one thing but punishing a positive with another 14 days is a little too much in my opinion. If they're positive at day 13 post-exposure they're very unlikely to be infectious beyond 21 days. Making it into a 28 day quarantine if positive is rather punitive. Assuming I've got the details right (I could be wrong seeing as I'm not watching directly).

They've not really thought this through have they?

If only they had some expert advice on island to bounce ideas off.  

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1