IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

You don't have bank holidays when you are dealing with a pandemic. 

To be fair the Island isn't dealing with a pandemic, now or next week it doesn't matter, it's what happens in the UK is what is more about getting it out quickly. We could vaccinate the whole of the Island but if the UK isn't vaccinating people at a quick rate then it almost doesn't matter

Edited by thommo2010

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

They want to get it right

This mainly.  It's a big logistical exercise, even for the relatively small numbers here.  There wasn't enough time to get enough people registered and given appointments to start this week.  It could have started, and then stalled, and we might have wasted a few doses - imagine the complaints if that had happened.  Instead, allow a couple of weeks to get it organised - and we can afford that as we actually are, still, covid free here in terms of community transmission - and then have it running like clockwork.  As I've said in the other thread, I have my two appointments already.  So has a colleague, and I imagine many other people by now.

Once the Oxford one comes online I imagine there will be a further push, and it's more likely that one will be a 'turn up and be jabbed' deal.  I'm hopeful we'll (UK and us) be all done by Easter and back towards normality.

• Like 1

Back on the island via the Ben this morning at 05.30. Two of us of 9 passengers. 

So, we were the first off the boat under the new test on days 1 or 2 and 13 or do 21 regime.

We registered yesterday afternoon but still got the old entry certificate and notice by e-mail setting out 14 days, allowing an hours exercise, etc. I thought they’d at least hand out a paper notice at the ID inspection, but no. Not ready/printed yet.

Rang 111 at 09.00 to set up first test appointment. They have to ring back. 

Process not quite up and running.

Ive got a negative, unused, certificate from 08.30 on Monday. Apparently that won’t suffice. Cost £289 in Liverpool. Makes £25 a pop on IOM seem a bargain.

Went on line to read all the new info. DHSC are now offering “private” fit to travel PCR tests for £50. Still toying with catching the Portsmouth Santander ferry on 29/12 if Spain changes the regs to let me in.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

To be fair the Island isn't dealing with a pandemic, now or next week it doesn't matter, it's what happens in the UK is what is more about getting it out quickly. We could vaccinate the whole of the Island but if the UK isn't vaccinating people at a quick rate then it almost doesn't matter

Surely, that goes against prevention being better than cure. The sooner we're poking people, the sooner we reduce the scope of the damage that community spread would do here.

49 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Back on the island via the Ben this morning at 05.30. Two of us of 9 passengers. 

So, we were the first off the boat under the new test on days 1 or 2 and 13 or do 21 regime.

We registered yesterday afternoon but still got the old entry certificate and notice by e-mail setting out 14 days, allowing an hours exercise, etc. I thought they’d at least hand out a paper notice at the ID inspection, but no. Not ready/printed yet.

Rang 111 at 09.00 to set up first test appointment. They have to ring back. 

Process not quite up and running.

Ive got a negative, unused, certificate from 08.30 on Monday. Apparently that won’t suffice. Cost £289 in Liverpool. Makes £25 a pop on IOM seem a bargain.

Went on line to read all the new info. DHSC are now offering “private” fit to travel PCR tests for £50. Still toying with catching the Portsmouth Santander ferry on 29/12 if Spain changes the regs to let me in.

I rang up yesterday to book family in and a very helpful lady booked day 1 & 13 tests and rang back later to take fee. If a family of day 5 are away then extra £250 unexpected costs on top of no exercise is a big blow 

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

I rang up yesterday to book family in and a very helpful lady booked day 1 & 13 tests and rang back later to take fee. If a family of day 5 are away then extra £250 unexpected costs on top of no exercise is a big blow 

Only IOM gov could turn a pandemic into "a nice little earner"

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's a bit unfair. Unless they were lying, the cost must be £100 per test and the customers (who choose to leave/return) get 50% discount. To me that's the opposite of a little earner!

Yes but if you had left before it was changed yesterday you are getting charged to return home, if he said that the charges only come into effect for those departing after yesterday it would be fairer